• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, how bad is the weather going to be...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    We would be down there but decided to not visit the Lizard for half term and instead go at Christmas instead.

Shame as I could have had a field day with my camera (and waterproofs).
    Yes, best to stay clear of the lizard. He gets a bit grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Yes, best to stay clear of the lizard. He gets a bit grumpy
      That's because he's a giant and therefore always hungry..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        No, we were in Falmouth when we heard about the last one and hightailed it back to the campsite to tether down the tent.

We did speak to a family in the local pub a couple of days later who said that they went to Porthleven and it was indeed spectacular. Unfortunately their analysis of actions and consequences were not a finely tuned as ours and they came back to a destroyed tent that was half way down the field.

They had to spend the rest of their holiday in a B&B.
        I'd say they were the winners all around then. "Oh no the tent's ruined, we won't be able to camp in the torrential rain. We'd best go and sleep in a nice bed and sit by the fire instead".
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I'd say they were the winners all around then. "Oh no the tent's ruined, we won't be able to camp in the torrential rain. We'd best go and sleep in a nice bed and sit by the fire instead".
          If you don't count the fact that they paid double for their holiday. It was actually quite exciting
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Wish I was down there... anyone else been to Porthleven in a storm?
            Used to surf Porthleven reef as kids quite often. Got sooo good & scary in the autumn swells.
            Last edited by Hardgraft; 25 October 2013, 13:49.

Comment

The storm is going to hit London.

I love storms
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not surprising that this Met Office prediction of strong winds on Sunday night and Monday with a potential for gusts of over 80mph, especially on exposed coasts becomes:

MEGASTORM: Devastating 100mph winds to bring 48 hours of ‘utter hell’

In the Daily Express.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I think I may lose a tree or two which need cutting anyway. BTW, bought a chainsaw as I haven’t got the energy to use a hand saw these days.
                  Hockey masks are on sale now ...

Comment

If this weather sets new records will that mean you will stop going on about the great storm of 87? That gets mentioned almost as much as winning the world cup in 66.

Comment

A word from the... ahem.... "expert"...

Michael Fish Presents His Weekly Weather Forecast - Netweather.tv
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X