• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How's the market looking for November?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    Gonna be on the hunt after the w/end, but wondering if I've picked the wrong time of year to hunt, and should just hunker down until February.

Asking us to predict the hiring policy for your skillset for the businesses in you chosen area in a given month is almost impossible. On top of that you don't tell us the location or skillset either.

Comment

Gonna be on the hunt after the w/end, but wondering if I've picked the wrong time of year to hunt, and should just hunker down until February.
      Judging by your question I would say really good, most supermarkets are looking to hire extra workers for the run up to christmas
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Property prices in London are expected to increase 87% before December.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Judging by your question I would say really good, most supermarkets are looking to hire extra workers for the run up to christmas
          if you had read the thread you would see

Haha, I'm a SQL DBA very near to London, but been in permie(ish) land for a couple of years waiting for the sun to shine, got my SC out of it too. But never hunted around this late in the year.
          If you read this thread from yesterday then you might see the state of the market in London. The strange thing is that I haven't encountered a SQL DBA for years, Oracle yes but SQL Server bods usually have other skills on top....
          Last edited by eek; 26 October 2013, 10:44.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Depends on how far you want to travel for work - you have SC so try the job boards which deal with those roles.

Trouble with SC roles is the waiting around while they go through the whole BPSS process.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              Depends on how far you want to travel for work - you have SC so try the job boards which deal with those roles.

Trouble with SC roles is the waiting around while they go through the whole BPSS process.
              Which can take as long as a whole day sometimes.

Most of the BC/BPSS checks I've had done take under a hour if the department doing it isn't snowed under or totally slack.

Comment

Wait till the end of the month then head to Germany for the Christmas markets. Very festive.

Hamelin Christmas Market - German Christmas Market Tourist Information

Comment

Working...
                X