• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quitting the English Defence League: When Tommy Met Mo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Does it. Leopards don't readily change their spots.
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    They do if you use Tippex

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    He is working with a Muslim organisation called the Quilliam foundation
    Lets see.

Maajid Nawaz, co-founder of the Quilliam Foundation and a man frequently described as smooth and slick by those who have followed his public profile over the years since his transition from teenage gang member through to jailed Islamist extremist and, most recently, would-be Liberal Democrat MP.
    Nice bloke.

Two years after the Home Office began to wind down its funding for the organisation, those accounts show that Quilliam was facing mounting debts, while having little in the way of relative assets. Income from training, consultancy and publications were haemorrhaging, while its income from grants and donations fell from just over £900,000 in 2011 to £532,099 in 2012.
    I had no idea taxpayers money was used to found this good cause.

The company was in particular trouble in 2011, making a loss, but after taking radical action to cut back on expenses and parting company with half of its staff, it was just about able to make it into the red again in the following year, when Nawaz paid himself £77,438.
    Ah. Right. This good cause was Mr Nawaz's pockets then

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

That's new. When I met him I told him the edl (newly formed at the time) ran the risk of becoming a bunch of football hooligans and if he really wanted to make a difference he should look at the greatest political leaders of our time for inspiration.

He got quite aerated and then two of his burly associates dragged their knuckles along the ground to tell me to fck off.

Tetchy fecker.

You tell him suity.

Comment

The EDL always make me think of the film Four Lions

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          You tell him suity.
          Can't you read? I already did.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Does it. Leopards don't readily change their spots.
            Yep, but cretins can.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Lets see.

Nice bloke.

I had no idea taxpayers money was used to found this good cause.

Ah. Right. This good cause was Mr Nawaz's pockets then

How very progressive of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Not much he isn't - according to an interview with Mo yesterday in which the BBC were using their "news" to promote their own progs. Mo said he hadn't seen much of "Tommy*" since they made the Panorama prog.

*He isn't even called Tommy
                They go at it on Twitter sometimes. Tommy called MoAnsar a "professional victim" a couple of days ago. Tommy's a jerk - I don't believe he truly is out of the EDL. He'll go back to it I'm almost certain of that.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  They go at it on Twitter sometimes. Tommy called MoAnsar a "professional victim" a couple of days ago. Tommy's a jerk - I don't believe he truly is out of the EDL. He'll go back to it I'm almost certain of that.
                  So it looks like they deserve each other then.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Maajid Nawaz, co-founder of the Quilliam Foundation and a man frequently described as smooth and slick by those who have followed his public profile over the years since his transition from teenage gang member through to jailed Islamist extremist and, most recently, would-be Liberal Democrat MP.

Nice bloke.
                    Yes, it's a salutary example of descent into the gutter of society.

Comment

Working...
                    X