• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurozone inflation in October fell to 0.7%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Growth occurs when your services and/or products see demand increase.
    Printing more money is enough to increase the GDP figures.
    Inflation results when others charge you more for your commodities.
    You are talking of price inflation. But monetary mass inflation is almost +20000% in 5 years.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      Printing more money is enough to increase the GDP figures.

You are talking of price inflation. But monetary mass inflation is almost +20000% in 5 years.
      You compare any paper currency, the pound for example, against any precious metal, say sliver, over the last 100 years to see the real value.

Monitory inflation as you put, really the result of QE it is robbery from future generations. Treasonous offence as far as I'm concerned.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Monitory inflation as you put, really the result of QE it is robbery from future generations. Treasonous offence as far as I'm concerned.
        I'd have thought QE is robbery from those who already made their stash of money (unless they've held it in assets)
        Future generations haven't earned their own money yet, so they're unaffected in that respect (ignoring the other issues with our economy)

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          I'd have thought QE is robbery from those who already made their stash of money (unless they've held it in assets)
          No, those are okay.

QE causes inflation so those who can least afford it will have to pay more for things that can't be avoided - fuel, food.

Last gen Plasma TVs on the other hand get cheaper and cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Future generations haven't earned their own money yet, so they're unaffected in that respect (ignoring the other issues with our economy)
            Yes and no.

In years to come your children's taxes will be paying for the banks mistakes, the mistakes of their parents. The tax money should be spent on them. We're robbing the wealth of our children all so that a few can remain wealthy today. It's incomprehensible for me that this can be allowed to happen. But then I'm guessing so few understand it so why would it become an issue?

It's reassuring that my daughters brought up here in Germany will be afforded the opportunity to grow up in a country that maintains a steady quality of life.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It's reassuring that my daughters brought up here in Germany will be afforded the opportunity to grow up in a country that maintains a steady quality of life.
              In Germany CEO of a big car manufacturer (like BMW) is an engineer.

In other parts of the world it's a BS MBA.

Comment

You're a prime example of someone technically trained and poorly educated.
                Do you know any history at all? Britain has been far more economically and political stable than Germany over the last few centuries.
                This is because of British pragmatism and adaptability. Germans on the other hand are romantische perfectionists.
                Being a perfectionist is good when you're creating a Mercedes, less so when you apply it to human society.
                WW2 can be seen as a bid to create the perfect society removing all alien elements.
                Germans are their own worst enemy with their periodic fits of idealism, the most recent of which is their Energiewende which is even now affecting their Wirtshaftwunder, according to the German movers and shakers who I know (in-laws).
                The outlook for the German economy is poor especially demographically, unless it becomes a high-immigration country.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  The outlook for the German economy is poor especially demographically, unless it becomes a high-immigration country.
                  So British outlook is particularly bright then?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It's not as bad as people think.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      It's not as bad as people think.
                      I'd say that with the Germans needing immigration the outlook for those Brits who are capable and can be bothered is fairly rosy, as long as they like beer and sausages.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X