• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurozone inflation in October fell to 0.7%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurozone inflation in October fell to 0.7%

Well that's nice.

Eurozone inflation in October fell to 0.7%, its lowest since February 2010, thanks to a fall in energy costs.
    And I thought energy prices were increasing.

BBC News - Eurozone inflation nears four-year low
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

If it's like the UK they probably just keep dropping anything prone to inflation from the index, and massage the way they calcuate it till they get the result they want
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      If it's like the UK they probably just keep dropping anything prone to inflation from the index, and massage the way they calcuate it till they get the result they want
      genau
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not good news, especially for the struggling southern nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Not good news, especially for the struggling southern nations.
          So you think inflation (that's increase in prices) is good news for struggling southern nations who presumably don't have a lot of money?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            So you think inflation (that's increase in prices) is good news for struggling southern nations who presumably don't have a lot of money?
            What are you talking about?

Inflation is a natural consequence of growth. That's why most western 'developed' nations target between 2% and 3% inflation, not 0%. Although I wouldn't expect you to know anything about that.

Secondly, the lower that inflation is, the less it helps indebted nations to 'inflate away' their debts. If you'd ever held a mortgage through several years of higher inflation than we've got today, you'd know what I mean.

Comment

Inflation is a natural consequence of growth.

Unlike me you did not have the chance to live through inflation of 2000% per annum, pity that - you'd know how moronic your statement is then.

Secondly, the lower that inflation is, the less it helps indebted nations to 'inflate away' their debts. If you'd ever held a mortgage through several years of higher inflation than we've got today, you'd know what I mean.
              Inflation means they have to pay more money for same stuff, their salaries won't exactly inflate as quick, so its' not making debt magically go away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Unlike me you did not have the chance to live through inflation of 2000% per annum, pity that - you'd know how moronic your statement is then.

Inflation means they have to pay more money for same stuff, their salaries won't exactly inflate as quick, so its' not making debt magically go away.
                Moronic?

No-one is talking about ultra-high inflation you idiot. Your argument is the same as saying nobody should drink water because some people have drowned in it!

AtW, you are utterly and completely ignorant of basic economics, aren't you. And selectively quoting from my post and leaving out the most significant bits is just crass. Get back to your campaign for a single world currency!
                Last edited by Doggy Styles; 31 October 2013, 17:51.

Comment

What are you talking about?

Inflation is a natural consequence of growth. .
                  Sweet <insert religious character here> and all is merry disciples. Are you serious?

Growth occurs when your services and/or products see demand increase.

Inflation results when others charge you more for your commodities.
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 31 October 2013, 18:25.

Comment

No-one is talking about ultra-high inflation you idiot.
                    Ideal level of inflation is 0%.

2-3% acceptable per year, much higher levels can hit investment pretty hard.

Your argument is the same as saying nobody should drink water because some people have drowned in it!
                    That's not my argument.

AtW, you are utterly and completely ignorant of basic economics, aren't you.
                    And you are this years Nobel Prize winner in economics?

Comment

Working...
                    X