• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to invert an artic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen Sockpuppet recently?

Just asking' like...
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

BBC -
      "A lorry driver has been arrested following a crash that closed the M25 between junctions 23 and 25 and left four people injured.

The road was shut near Potters Bar, in Hertfordshire, after a lorry overturned across a central reservation.

One man was in a critical condition and another was seriously injured.

Police said the man, who is being held in custody, had been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving."

So not the account manager in his 318d for once.

Comment

What odds do y'reckon I could get at Paddy Power that the lorry driver's not from the UK?

Comment

chances are it was someone chasing a run-away war chest.

Comment

Having lost me glasses again I initially read that as how to invert an attic.

Actually that's a great idea, if a the average roof was the other way up it would keep the rain off just as well but, instead of gutters and 2 or more drain pipes you could have one big central pipe and stick a turbine in it to provide electricity.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Having lost me glasses again I initially read that as how to invert an attic.

Actually that's a great idea, if a the average roof was the other way up it would keep the rain off just as well but, instead of gutters and 2 or more drain pipes you could have one big central pipe and stick a turbine in it to provide electricity.
              Nurse!
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Chances are it wasn't the artic driver's fault, probably a bunch of hyper-impatient type A personality drivers desperately trying to nip in front of the lorry before it reached the queue onto a slip road.

Move over slow coach.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Move over slow coach.

I might have guessed!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Lorry maintenance is very regular.

http://www.transportsfriend.org/pdf_...worthiness.pdf

appendix 4.

Plus a driver has to do a daily walk around.

Now retreads ...
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X