• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Third gender

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Not so fast!

XX or XY are the conventional complement, but some people have XXX, XXY, XYY, XXXX, XXYY, etc

So you'll need to reserve an unsigned int8 for that too
    And presumably we're going to need a reference table, and foreign key constraint. This is getting over engineered now

Under sex, just put "Yes please" which is a CHAR(10).
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

What if you've got all the right bits to be male or female but they are all in the wrong place?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        What if you've got all the right bits to be male or female but they are all in the wrong place?
        You mean if you're a dickhead?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          You mean if you're MFs Mother-in-law?
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Not so fast!

XX or XY are the conventional complement, but some people have XXX, XXY, XYY, XXXX, XXYY, etc

So you'll need to reserve an unsigned int8 for that too
            But someone's chromosomes don't indicate how they want to live or more importantly in the office - what toilet they are going to use.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              But someone's chromosomes don't indicate how they want to live or more importantly in the office - what toilet they are going to use.
              Bit flag?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                And is the way we label the toilets discriminatory?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  And is the way we label the toilets discriminatory?
                  Yep.

Might have read it in The Wail but definitely read it in a broadsheet to check it wasn't a wind up - some transsexual took their employer to court over the labelling of toilets as the person was told to use the disabled toilet while going through the stages of transformation.

I can't remember what the outcome was but I was amused as loads of people use disabled toilets anyway even if they haven't got a disability as they are larger so big enough to take medication in without other women staring at you, where you can change dressings and they have needle bins in them.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X