• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am being taken to court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Insurance companies assert blame in part by looking at the point of impact. I am not sure what a court would do, but if you would have gone through your respective insurance companies, they would have looked at the point of impact on both vehicle to a ascertain whether you drove into her or whether she pulled into the side of you.
    Cobblers.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Anyone else routing for the woman on this one
      Not me; I can't stand this practise of trying to get damages for every little misfortune that befalls people in life. Not even if the misfortune involves a recruitment agent.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Cobblers.
        Not at all

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Anyone else routing for the woman on this one
          Nope. She's won as there is no evidence that he wasn't responsible for the accident. The only question is will his insurance company pay out when he hasn't notified them of the accident when it occurred.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not at all

Two cars, one with a crumpled boot, one with a crumpled front. The only two cars involved in the accident.

You now know where the damage occurred on both vehicles. So who's at fault?

Comment

Two cars, one with a crumpled boot, one with a crumpled front. The only two cars involved in the accident.

Cobblers might be able to help with the crumpled boot.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If the damage was on the side of both cars she moved into the side of him, if it was on the front of his and the back of hers it was him driving into her. You can also see how far alongside her he was when she moved into him.

If the airbags deployed, modern cars are now required to log the speed and angle of the steering wheel for this very purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Cobblers might be able to help with the crumpled boot.

Get the **** out

Comment

If the damage was on the side of both cars she moved into the side of him, if it was on the front of his and the back of hers it was him driving into her. You can also see how far alongside her he was when she moved into him.

If the airbags deployed, modern cars are now required to log the speed and angle of the steering wheel for this very purpose.
                    And that is exactly my point. Can you think of an example, where you go into the back of someone and it's not your fault?

No rush.

Comment

And that is exactly my point. Can you think of an example, where you go into the back of someone and it's not your fault?

No rush.
                      But if you look at the original post he says there is a scrape along the door

Comment

Working...
                      X