• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Venice strikes a blow for good taste

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Interesting. We did wonder about the smaller ships so we can go more often. The big ones are a tad expensive to say the least but still have to say worth every penny on the two we went on. Need the big ones if we are taking the kids though.

Also agree about not coming in to the lagoon but it is a balance. The west med cruise as the ports were nearly an hour coach trip to the big cities.
    Again, depends on the ships. The smaller ones can berth in the city ports, rather than having to use the big commercial/industrial ports further out. Understand about the kids though, the smaller ships don't have a lot for them to do. It's another reason we prefer the small ones, no kids!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Cruises
      Are for

I read somewhere that you own a J-a-a-a-a-g, so welcome to the society of .
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        But if you prefer the smaller ships, wouldn't it be nice to travel on a ship that actually looks beautiful? OK, if you're inside you don't see it, but as soon as you get off you see the beauty of a liner. Wouldn't this be worth paying for?

I know a chap who has a collection of memorabilia from old liners, and he and I sometimes wonder how we could persuade shipping companies that liners could actually be profitable if they market cruises on tasteful liners to, if you like, 'a different class of customer'.
        Yes it would, but some of them do still look like that.

We've been on this one for example :

Thomson Celebration - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

so your fellow passengers are likely to be mostly British, and typically about 90 percent of passengers will be over 55.
          I can see two reasons why I think why I might give that one a miss lol.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thomson Celebration - Telegraph
            That's precisely what I'm NOT protesting against; that's a liner being used for cruising.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I can see two reasons why I think why I might give that one a miss lol.....
              When you've been on a cruise stuffed with Americans and Australians you'll think differently g

Plus, an older demographic on board means more chance of a half decent conversation in the bar and less of having to put up with Chantelle screaming at her kids to shut up as they cause havoc at dinner, or worse still, not screaming at them and leaving them to it.

Comment

When you've been on a cruise stuffed with Americans and Australians you'll think differently g

Plus, an older demographic on board means more chance of a half decent conversation in the bar and less of having to put up with Chantelle screaming at her kids to shut up as they cause havoc at dinner, or worse still, not screaming at them and leaving them to it.
                Yeah but the view around the pool?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X