• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the cheapest legal way to get hold of Visual Studio?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Thanks, what are the limitations with Express?

Can I still develop CUDA etc?
    Quick google suggests you can

Unable to set up CUDA in MS Visual C++ Express 2010 - Stack Overflow

Comment

Fcking typical ;-)
      ATI FTW

New gen stuff that will allow direct access to main memory from GPU could finally make code execution seemless, not sure where is CUDA now exactly but AMD is making very good progress (shame their CPUs are tulip).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Buy older VS 2008 on Ebay - I think NVIDIA's CUDA supports it. Or go for VS 2010 - it should definately be supported.

btw CUDA might be on way out as new ATI/AMD stuff is very impressive...
        Btw, have you had a look at the "Parallella"?

Parallella | Supercomputing for Everyone

Comment

Btw, have you had a look at the "Parallella"?

Parallella | Supercomputing for Everyone
          Never heard of it, I am saving myself for the time when AVX512 is available...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            ATI FTW

New gen stuff that will allow direct access to main memory from GPU could finally make code execution seemless, not sure where is CUDA now exactly but AMD is making very good progress (shame their CPUs are tulip).
            I've gone "AlienWare" and i7 for my next laptop. Was going to go Mac but decided I wasn't ready to sell my sou just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I've been using Intel compilers recently and even more recently over to GNU - Anyone who flies a Tornado/Hercules/Hawk/Typhoon/A400M (with or without pasta) should tulip themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Anyone in the family a student? Some schools participate if your little one has made Reception yet - I forget his age.

https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx
                Junior is 2 in December

Comment

I emailed MS about a year ago and asked them how to get their software without paying for it, they asked me if I was a developer and I said yes. Within a couple of days they approved me for some kinda program which gives me access to everything MS ever released, all the way back to DOS.

I just wanted FoxPro for some legacy stuff so didn't bother with the legal download fest I could have indulged in.

Sorry C I can't remember what program they gave me access to but I'm sure an email to MS or a Google search will come up with something.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    I emailed MS about a year ago and asked them how to get their software without paying for it, they asked me if I was a developer and I said yes. Within a couple of days they approved me for some kinda program which gives me access to everything MS ever released, all the way back to DOS.

I just wanted FoxPro for some legacy stuff so didn't bother with the legal download fest I could have indulged in.

Sorry C I can't remember what program they gave me access to but I'm sure an email to MS or a Google search will come up with something.
                    Cheers!

Comment

Junior is 2 in December
                      I first read this as "Junior 2 is in December"

Comment

Working...
                      X