• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ok, New toy for Xmas, XBoxOne or PS4?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, New toy for Xmas, XBoxOne or PS4?

I like driving games and we currently use a PS3 as a blueray/dvd player.

Suggestions?

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Suggestions?
    The new Mac Pro and four 27" Apple Thunderbolt Displays and a copy of Carmageddon 2 with Splat Pack....

I want, I want, I want!! But just for invoices and expenses - I need one on each screen and two other screens for CUK and Mumsnet.

Apple - Mac Pro

Comment

I can run Orbiter on quite basic hardware. Free and really stretches me. Most things aren't rocket science but this is.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Suggestions?
        Wait for the launch lineup and see which one has the games to want to play. And keep an eye on the media restrictions as well.

Sony have said you won't be able to play any of your existing digital media on the PS4, it won't play DVD's or Blu-Ray out of the box and won't read CD's or play MP3's at all. If you want to listen to your own music you can't unless you buy it again through their online service. Most PS3 peripherals aren't supported either.

Here's what YOU WON'T be able to do with your PlayStation 4

MS haven't released an equivalent FAQ for the Xbox yet.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Wait for the launch lineup and see which one has the games to want to play. And keep an eye on the media restrictions as well.

Sony have said you won't be able to play any of your existing digital media on the PS4, it won't play DVD's or Blu-Ray out of the box and won't read CD's or play MP3's at all. If you want to listen to your own music you can't unless you buy it again through their online service. Most PS3 peripherals aren't supported either.

Here's what YOU WON'T be able to do with your PlayStation 4

MS haven't released an equivalent FAQ for the Xbox yet.
          F*ckers!!!

Comment

Suggestions?
            Noddy does Toytown? It's a pretty high impact game, Noddy drives around Toytown at 10mph attempting to avoid PC Plod and make sure the Goblins don't nick his car.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Noddy does Toytown? It's a pretty high impact game, Noddy drives around Toytown at 10mph attempting to avoid PC Plod and make sure the Goblins don't nick his car.
              Yeah but is it PS4 or XB1? I need to know!!!

Comment

Yeah but is it PS4 or XB1? I need to know!!!
                Fook knows. I'm a Luddite still on PS2. Dug it out at the w/e and let the kids play some shoot em ups and WWE wrestling that was obviously too old for them as MF Jnr then attempted to pile drive the kid across the road on a play date later. I was fooking livid. How many times do you have to tell your kids that you never never attempt a pile drive without at least two clothes lines followed by a hurricane rada. FFS!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Fook knows. I'm a Luddite still on PS2. Dug it out at the w/e and let the kids play some shoot em ups and WWE wrestling that was obviously too old for them as MF Jnr then attempted to pile drive the kid across the road on a play date later. I was fooking livid. How many times do you have to tell your kids that you never never attempt a pile drive without at least two clothes lines followed by a hurricane rada. FFS!
                  Listen, and I mean this seriously, the kid's trampoline is not to be used for cage-fighting!

You'll break it!

Comment

My brother at the end of the CRT telly era, bought this 36" fecker as an Xmas pressie to himself.

His kids soon dropped their new DS's or whatever and effectively lived and played in the huge box the telly came as a sort of dom-bomzha (AtW word) house and lived in it for five weeks in the living room till he got fed of stepping round it...

Comment

Working...
                    X