• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bonkers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    So to cut a long post short. They've offered you some extra sweets and a chance to see a puppy. I think they call that 'grooming'. I'll get you the number for SEOPS.
    I guess the key differences here are that the gig actually exists and I'll be boarding a real plane.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

So to cut a long post short. They've offered you some extra sweets and a chance to see a puppy. I think they call that 'grooming'. I'll get you the number for CEOP.
      FTFY

I thought you would have known the right name given all the time they have interviewed you
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Yep. To be fair it was a 6 monther but got cut short. Budgets. The other one is a 3 monther as well so it doesn't narrow it down. This is the IB gig based in Cambridge and Jersey.
        So you've not started yet and already they want shot of you?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I guess the key differences here are that the gig actually exists and I'll be boarding a real plane.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            FTFY

I thought you would have known the right name given all the time they have interviewed you

No I was right the first time, definitely SEOP. The Suity Exploitation & Online Protection Centre.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No I was right the first time, definitely SEOP. The Suity Exploitation & Online Protection Centre.
              And the spurious "S" at the end of "SEOPS" stands for....
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I'm not sure what theyve told you Suity, but you won't be doing banking BA work. You'll be doing interfaces between systems. I assume you are something like a TIBCO BPM guy. Dont worry, that is not unusually stressful because you are far away from the money making.

To be near the money making as a dev or BA you'd have to have decent knowledge of the below as well as sharp and accurate dev skills, an ability to work under a lot of pressure, and a capacity for binge drinking:

Market data... Curve building
                Pricing
                Risk - scenario analysis
                Product knowledge - trade life cycle and how it ties into accounting
                PnL

And you've got to know enough about this to explain the numbers to someone who is trying to intimidate you.

If you put bugs into prod, you are quickly sidelined. So this pressure is relentless.

Also, there's no IB trading floors in Cambridge surely. You'll be the only non-bob in an infrastructure team. That's not proper banking, you could be anywhere.

Did you mention your chartist / technical analysis skills in the interview?

Here's a tip, write defensive code and always do your own analysis and testing.

Comment

No I was right the first time, definitely SEOP. The Suity Exploitation & Online Protection Sentre.
                  FTFY again

Comment

Just act like one of them Suity and you'll fit right in.
                    Last edited by administrator; 19 November 2013, 11:52. Reason: Hot linking image from the KKK is not good.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      FTFY

No, he was right first time. S is for Special. It is the unit that deals with persistent child sex offenders, who are themselves vulnerable, typically by virtue of a dual diagnosis of learning disability and personality disorder.

Comment

Working...
                      X