• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House sale disaster - advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: farmboy

Set a deadline and stick to it!

Comment

A colleague at work is selling as part of a chain. He moved into rented accom 8 weeks ago and found out last week that the guy he is selling to is an 'investor'.
      This guy was supposed to complete two weeks ago but has come up with a catalogue of excuses, ankle injury, out of the country, etc etc

I told my colleague that the alarm bells started with me when the word investor was mentioned but that doesnt give any practical help. Any ideas? (legal and non violent please)
      Have you exchanged contracts? Sounds like he's scuppering around for money

Comment

If exchanged then suing is the only recourse. He will be able to recoup losses as a result of this. Best strategy is probably simply to keep the deposit and then to defend the counter claim.

Of course the chances of having exchanged are slim indeed. In which case all he can really do is make a few noises - which the other side will of course know.

He might as well move back in and start the sale process again.

Comment

Working...
        X