• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car recommendations - £10k

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car recommendations - £10k

Requirements:

Diesel - Must have (long journeys)
    Automatic - Must have
    <4 years old - Must have
    <30k on the clock - Must have
    >40 MPG combined - Must have
    4 doors - Should have
    Decent boot space - Should have

Nice to haves - sat nav, sun roof, machine gun turrets etc..

Budget - £10k (1k tolerance)
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Why bother about the really low mileage if it's a diesel?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

you should be able to get an nice Alfa 159 for that!

Comment

Just enter your requirements in Auto Trader UK and it should come up with some options

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Requirements:

Automatic - Must have
          <4 years old - Must have
          4 doors - Should have

I said this in another post.

The only way to go is Seat Leon - It's a VW for a much cheaper price. Fully practical in that you can fold down seats and put stuff in it. Just make sure to get one with cruise on it.

Comment

I have a very nice 4 year old Mondeo for sale. One titled owner
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Requirements:

Automatic - Must have
              <4 years old - Must have
              4 doors - Should have

Why less than <30k miles.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                I said this in another post.

The only way to go is Seat Leon - It's a VW for a much cheaper price. Fully practical in that you can fold down seats and put stuff in it. Just make sure to get one with cruise on it.
                I test drove a Leon and a Ford Focus TCDI. Ford Focus was a much more comfy drive plenty of boot space to.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I had a similar quandary a month or two back and I opted for a 2.2D Honda Civic and it's bloody great! The amount of storage is just amazing, glove box is like a foot and half deep. The boot is massive and has a flap that drops down where the spare is on normal cars adding even more space. The chairs have a really funky lie flat system with one move so no buggering about lifting the seat and putting the back down.

The 2.2 i-CTDi sport goes like the clappers but I am still running at 49mpg.

The cockpit is really funky in blue and everyone that has seen it loves it. It's just a bit different so adds to the driving experience. I personally love the look of Civic as well. It is different enough to still keep looking at it rather than the standard Focus and the like.

Decent diesels nowadays go for ever so I am told so no real benefit going for a low mileage one. Mine has 80k on the clock and is as sweet as a nut. Cost me 6k.

I wouldn't normally rave about a 6 year old car that is just my work horse but I have to say it's a bloody great car. Highly recommended.

Get the sport as it has bigger alloys but the ride is a bit firmer.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I have a very nice 4 year old Mondeo for sale. One titled owner
                    Is that the one you had your crunch with that woman driver who pulled out in front of you?

Comment

Working...
                    X