• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft desperate.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't think they are desperate, profits are up and they are heading into 2014 very, very strongly.
    Attacking your competition sounds like your company is in financial trouble.

Probably works different with Americans but they need to realise that not everyone in the world who speaks English as a first language or even very good other language has the same psyche as an American.

I think it is a valid point and one they have every right putting across as I am sure most people using gmail don't have a clue this is going on.
    This issue comes up about every two years with Google products.

Of course they have failed to tie up the term with the pig latin adverts on TV which is a fail.
    There adverts just make me feel paranoid about using anything that is from a US company or uses US servers, and it doesn't help that things like this are in the news.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      There adverts just make me feel paranoid about using anything that is from a US company or uses US servers, and it doesn't help that things like this are in the news.
      Do you have something to hide?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Attacking your competition sounds like your company is in financial trouble.
        XBOX one comes out tonight.

They ain't going to be in any financial problems.

Comment

MS made $5.2bn profit in the last quarter. Even with the apparent long term decline in PC purchases, they will be able to milk the cash cows of Office and Windows Server etc for a good while yet.

Heck, even Windows phones are starting to become popular - apparently almost 10% of all smartphone sales in Europe at the moment!

Comment

Working...
          X