• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panorama - Amazon: The truth behind the click

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really want to hate Amazon but the site is just so good and easy to operate, I just get drawn in. I do now do a quick check the price is reasonable (not always the case) but all things being equal I buy from them.
    I have a vague concern for how they treat people but don't think any of what I have seen is outrageous. There used to be vast numbers of basic jobs (or a good war) that mopped up all the people with these basic abilities - many of them grim and dirty. Most of these are gone and we are left with call centres and places like this.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      Really want to hate Amazon but the site is just so good and easy to operate, I just get drawn in. I do now do a quick check the price is reasonable (not always the case) but all things being equal I buy from them.
      I have a vague concern for how they treat people but don't think any of what I have seen is outrageous. There used to be vast numbers of basic jobs (or a good war) that mopped up all the people with these basic abilities - many of them grim and dirty. Most of these are gone and we are left with call centres and places like this.

Exactly, the left have been screaming about the death of the pits for 20 years, lets open them back up and cram the useless down them.

After a few cave ins, gas explosions and tip collapses they will be begging to get back to the warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        We let the Chinese suffer those now.

After all, there's billions of them.
        But now the Chinese are outsourcing it to Africans. Often very small Africans who are good at clambering in and out of confined spaces. Then some of them grow bigger and they get fired; they're the lucky ones.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
        X