• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO Doodab's liver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Gaviscon usually does the trick. Not trivialising, and apologies for the Simpsons crack I thought you were making a fuss.

Hope it's nothing too nefarious bud

Do they have no clue? How do you know it's drink related? Could just be a humble ulcer?
    May well not be drink related, liver being fine and all. I just think as warning shots go this is a bit of an ICBM. They have done ultra sound and CT scans and whatnot so I'm sure they will get there eventually.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      May well not be drink related, liver being fine and all. I just think as warning shots go this is a bit of an ICBM. They have done ultra sound and CT scans and whatnot so I'm sure they will get there eventually.
      Probably a bit of wind.

Hope they get you sorted out soon.

Comment

Do you work in front office with an Australian and a big Russian?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Do you work in front office with an Australian and a big Russian?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Probably a bit of wind.

Hope they get you sorted out soon.
            WSS. Good burp and a good fart.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Well, how did you get on then?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Well, how did you get on then?
                Another night in hospital, they drained some fluid which they will analyze, hopefully tells them what's wrong. CT scan isn't conclusive but they are still talking about liver failure despite the function tests coming back normal. Or it could be an infection, cancer, quite a lot of things really. Wait and see.

Comment

Another night in hospital, they drained some fluid which they will analyze, hopefully tells them what's wrong. CT scan isn't conclusive but they are still talking about liver failure despite the function tests coming back normal. Or it could be an infection, cancer, quite a lot of things really. Wait and see.
                  Ah. Never quite got that you are in hospital. I'm sure the entirety of CUK have you in their prayers, sockies as well.

I'm not sure how liver function tests coming back normal mean it's failing. Remember doctors think about covering all the bases and their arses first, then bedside manner comes second.

Try and shut it all out, get some rest and wait for them to make there minds up. With all this buzzing around in your head it must be difficult. The important thing is to stay focused, stick to the facts and not play the what if game.

You have youth on your side, and the fact that you live in modern times.

Uplifting music is good to stir the soul. Perhaps one or two others could make some recommendations. I like something stirring and classical.

Above all don't panic.

Comment

Did you ever find the gerbil?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Apparent liver issues. Abdominal fluid build-up. Sounds like ascites.

Hopefully, you'll get a firm diagnosis and treatment asap. Get well soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X