• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I generally don't get road rage. However, once when I was driving home from our honeymoon we were on a single carriage road with steep backs either side approaching a hill. As I came over the hill there was a solid column of traffic (about 6 cars or so) coming towards me and midway along that column was a car in my lane heading towards me.

I cannot remember the exact speeds but I was probably doing between 50 and 60 and there was not enough room between the road and the rise to get out of the way of the oncoming car and there were cars next to me in the oncoming lane. My last words were very nearly "That's inconvenient". Thankfully the people in column realised things had gone pair shaped and the relevant cars managed to make enough of a gap for him to swerve into and avoid a high speed head to head.

That was one time where I was quite annoyed,
    I'm not surprised!!!! Thats just idiotic on the other drivers part..

Comment

Precisely. He should be nailed to the ******* cross.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

That said, there is another side to this - I was driving a large van down a country lane after dark last weekend, as fast as I dared, with two or three cars behind. Knowing my turn off to the right (a farm entrance) was approaching I slowed down in anticipation. Then, just as I was turning right, some manically impatient nutter darted past like Mr Toad in a reentry vehicle!! Half a second later and he would have literally bounced off the van, turned a few corkscrews, and embedded his car and himself in a large tree!
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 5 December 2013, 11:32.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          We've already agreed that the other driver was a dick.
          But I can't stand drivers who speed.
          Or drivers who use their mobile phones while driving.
          The laws are there for a reason.
          Says the fantasist who had an imaginary Hyabusa.....

Did you just imagine you were driving your hyabusa along imaginary roads at 60 ??
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            The bit about "when you're overtaking, do it quickly"... does that imply that going slightly over the limit to more safely affect a pass is OK, or does it mean that you shouldn't overtake unless the person in front is going significantly under the limit so that the same speed differential exists?
            If you have to speed to overtake that indicates the car(s) you're overtaking aren't going that slowly and you're being impatient.
            It's not very intelligent, IMHO, to try to gain a few minutes on the road as you'll probably be slowed down by something else later.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Says the fantasist who had an imaginary Hyabusa.....

Did you just imagine you were driving your hyabusa along imaginary roads at 60 ??
              I was tulip scared of that bike.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                It was a national speed limit road. I never said I was speeding.
                You could have been driving dangerous with inappropriate speed - just because it's national speed limit does not mean it's ok to overtake farm vehicle on a single carriageway blind bend doing 60 mph

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You could have been driving dangerous with inappropriate speed - just because it's national speed limit does not mean it's ok to overtake farm vehicle on a single carriageway blind bend doing 60 mph

HTH
                  "just because it's national speed limit does not mean it's ok to overtake farm vehicle on a single carriageway blind bend doing 60 mph" Obviously...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I was tulip scared of that bike.
                    The point being, you (in your mind) bought the fastest standard production road bike available at the time, but you hate anyone who drives above the speed limit.

You is an imaginary mentalist, innit
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      The point being, you (in your mind) bought the fastest standard production road bike available at the time, but you hate anyone who drives above the speed limit.

You is an imaginary mentalist, innit
                      I have an admission to make. I did some stupid things on bikes in terms of speed when I was young. That's why I don't like it now.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X