• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency!

Lady Tester has been to the hairdresser and has e-mailed me asking what time I get home as she's traumatised by 'the mess they've made of it'.

Oh dear (TM). This may be a difficult evening.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Lady Tester has been to the hairdresser and has e-mailed me asking what time I get home as she's traumatised by 'the mess they've made of it'.

This problem does not have a solution. Doooooomed

Comment

Surely the only answer to that question is "when the pubs close" then?
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Don't they have a senior stylist who can fix it?

The old-fashioned barber in my town does many repairs for gents who stray into a hairdresser!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          This problem does not have a solution. Doooooomed
          Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Surely the only answer to that question is "when the pubs close" then?
          I can safely say that oracleslave is right and delaying arrival is not a solution.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hopefully you'll remember to comment on her hair-do when you get home.

I always get hell when I forget that Mrs Ticktock has told me she's going for a haircut and I don't notice any difference (apart from the charge on my credit card).

Comment

Do not suggest the paper bag strategy.

Or say that it will grow back (even if it will).

Maybe if she just washes it the style may not be too bad.

And she might like the bright red hue once she's slept on it.

Just get a bottle of her favourite wine and open it - be prepared for not drinking any yourself...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Do not suggest the paper bag strategy.

Or say that it will grow back (even if it will).

Maybe if she just washes it the style may not be too bad.

And she might like the bright red hue once she's slept on it.

Just get a bottle of her favourite wine and open it - be prepared for not drinking any yourself...
                What if I like the hairdo? Should I tell her that?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Have a pint with MF and by the time he's finished with you, your eyes will be too swollen to see until her hair's been fixed.

Comment

Oh dear (TM). This may be an expensive evening.
                    FTFY

Buy wine. Now.

Comment

Working...
                    X