• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor till I die - last invoice now posted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I guess they'll probably forgive you.
    They don't get given the choice
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I have ear plugs. They work much better but not.perfectly. I don't want headphones as then i have to listen to more noise. I have some anyway though.
      You can use headphones just to block noise if they're decent ones - or you could plug them into a white-noise app on your phone. I find earplugs uncomfortable. Of course you could put the plugs in and the phones over the top if it gets really noisy.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It gets tiring having to repeat stuff like meal orders 2 or 3 times as well. But most of the catering staff are like sieves.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Are you allowed regular food or on a special menu? Is it edible?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            In general terms (and doobab may have restrictions) the Asian vegetarian menu is usually best.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Sis got back to me - the people she spoke to were 'patient friends' - they seemed to have the influence to make stuff happen (whether it be a side room or whatever). This was a few years back, but might be worth asking Mrs d to see if she can find them?

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                In general terms (and doobab may have restrictions) the Asian vegetarian menu is usually best.
                Or ring out for a Dominos.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I an strictly no fibre. Special.menu orders are a nightmare best avoided as they get lost. It's not particularly nice any of it. Custard is ok, bacon and eggs, rice pudding that sort of thing.

Comment

Do they let you use the electricity in hospitals? I guess they must.

I have some surgery and a week in hospital coming up in a couple of weeks, but private. What I get I've no idea. I kind of hope I don't get a private room as I suspect I'll be bored out of my mind.

Hope you get moved somewhere more appropriate soon.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I think the main issue is it's all geared for acute care rather than gentle r & r. And that is quite intrusive when you dont need it but you still get daily blood tests, woken at 6 for observations and so on.

Comment

Working...
                      X