• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low Carb - High Fat diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    I take it you didn't read the article, the type of chemically modified wheat today in most foodstuffs was developed in the 80's, high yield, semi dwarf wheat which has this property.
    It's unfortunate that the article was written by someone trying to promote a book they've written, and that I'm finding it very difficult to find any corroborating sources. It may be correct, but has any scientist confirmed the addictive properties of gliadin? Apparently the author has said that he does not need to do any scientific research to know that wheat is bad for you, he just knows.

Unfortunately, a review by the University of Maastricht disagrees, saying "We consider that statements made in the book of Davis, as well as in related interviews, cannot be substantiated based on published scientific studies."
    Does wheat make us fat and sick?

EDIT: Although, having read some of your previous posts, I doubt you believe him either, and instead are just taking a contrary position as you probably believe you're "trolling" by "acting" as an imbecile and are hilarious.

Comment

If I spent all day doing nothing else, I couldn't read every new article written about which foods are good and bad, and how everything you previously knew is now wrong.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I lost 2 stone by slightly changing my daily routine and adjusting my exercise routine, I have kept this weight off all this year. It is honestly easy to do and you do not need any radical diets to do it.
        Last edited by MyUserName; 17 December 2013, 13:12.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          I lost 2 stone but slightly changing my daily routine and adjusting my exercise routine, I have kept this weight off all this year. It is honestly easy to do and you do not need any radical diets to do it.
          whs+1

a lifestyle change is needed to loose weight

Comment

Wheat is also considered toxic...
            As Wikipedia puts it "weasel words". There are some idiots who consider lemon to be "alkali".

I increased my meat/fat intake, and reduced my carb intake and found that my overall food intake, and hence my waistline, reduced - I just don't get as hungry.

Fat isn't what makes you fat. It's sugar. The fat myth was put about by the corn-syrup industry.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              I lost 2 stone by taking my armour off. It is honestly easy to do and you do not need any radical diets to do it.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                FTFY

Good lord, I wish it was only two stone. My max rig is about six and a half!!!!
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I take it you didn't read the article, the type of chemically modified wheat today in most foodstuffs was developed in the 80's, high yield, semi dwarf wheat which has this property.
                  I find you quite puzzling russell. I can't work out whether you are a plain cretin, a non-cretin doing an excellent impression of a cretin, or a cretin who thinks he is a non-cretin, doing an impression of a cretin. Can you advise please?

Comment

Which chemicals does modern wheat contain that old wheat didn't contain?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      I find you quite puzzling russell. I can't work out whether you are a plain cretin, a non-cretin doing an excellent impression of a cretin, or a cretin who thinks he is a non-cretin, doing an impression of a cretin. Can you advise please?
                      Not in a way that a cretin like you would understand.

HTH

I, on the other hand had little problem.....

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X