• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low Carb - High Fat diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Not losing weight, losing body fat
    I'm gaining muscle as fast as I'm losing fat

Have a look at the leangains blog
    Same difference. You're losing fat because you're not eating enough to sustain your metabolism plus muscle gain.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Same difference. You're losing fat because you're not eating enough to sustain your metabolism plus muscle gain.
      If he's gaining muscle he may actually be able to eat more carbs now and still lose fat as the extra muscle bulk will consume more energy.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

At my recent BUPA 'Health Assessment' I was a stone lighter than at my previous assessment 11 years ago. 11 years ago, I was doing no exercise and eating crap. Now I'm doing a fair bit of exercise and eating slightly less crap.

My waist was an inch bigger, and my body fat percentage was unchanged.

As far as I know I haven't had a leg drop off or anything, so no idea how that works.

Comment

A low carb diet is not going to produce enough energy for me, end of. If you are losing fat using one of these diets doing it then you were eating too much before and any other type of restricted calorie diet work in the same way.

Dressing this stuff up as caveman tulipe is nothing more than marketing hype in repackaging and reselling easily understood and easily available information.

5 a day and RDAs with the recommended amount of exercise is the best way to lose weight, maintain good health and perform 100% throughout the day.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            A low carb diet is not going to produce enough energy for me, end of. If you are losing fat using one of these diets doing it then you were eating too much before and any other type of restricted calorie diet work in the same way.

Dressing this stuff up as caveman tulipe is nothing more than marketing hype in repackaging and reselling easily understood and easily available information.

5 a day and RDAs with the recommended amount of exercise is the best way to lose weight, maintain good health and perform 100% throughout the day.
            If you think you body can only get energy from carbs then you need to do some serious research on how the body gets its energy. Fat has much more energy that, so if your body is burning that you can go on much longer.

I have lost 3 kilos since I started eating this way.

Comment

I am sure it would provide enough energy to someone like yourself who spends way too much time reading and believing tulipe on the internet.

Go for it Russell.
              You stick to your special brew

Comment

"5 a day" = stunningly successful marketing campaign from the "Produce for Better Health Foundation", a consortium of mostly American fruit and vegetable growers and associated industries like trucking.

RDA = 45-year-old guess at suitable intakes based on standard American diet of the time.

Not that you shouldn't eat veg and be sure to get vitamins and minerals. Just don't take these 2 as gospel.

Still, I'm a cynic, I don't even take the gospel as gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  If you think you body can only get energy from carbs then you need to do some serious research on how the body gets its energy. Fat has much more energy that, so if your body is burning that you can go on much longer.

3? I've lost 17. Admittedly a sign that I was eating very wrongly, and doubtless I could have lost weight many other ways. But this one feels right and is easy to stick to.

I don't get dogmatic in real life and I'll eat a sandwich if someone makes me one. But I eat the meat for me and the bread for them, eating bread really isn't pleasant any more.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    3? I've lost 17. Admittedly a sign that I was eating very wrongly, and doubtless I could have lost weight many other ways. But this one feels right and is easy to stick to.

I don't get dogmatic in real life and I'll eat a sandwich if someone makes me one. But I eat the meat for me and the bread for them, eating bread really isn't pleasant any more.
                    Ive only been on it 4 days though. Just been eating fat and protein, I only need to meals a day as I don't feel hungry for 6-8 hours after, and my energy is the same throughout the day, no ups or downs.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post

Fat boy, I am a 100 mile a week runner and capable events well beyond 50 miles, you know nothing and are nothing in comparison to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X