• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

References again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    where?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      Its nonsense, especially when you CTC, SC, have worked for big reputable companies for donkeys years. Given that there is no chance anyone would name someone likely to give a poor reference, that in perm land any departures that are done with bad blood usually end up with a compromise agreement including a pre agreed reference, that most of the big multi nationals refuse to give anything but a bog standard confirmation you were there, that bosses move one, and so on and so on. References serve no useful purpose whatsoever. And if its genuinely a govt client they can look up where youve been easily if they really want to. It sure doesnt stop folk lying on their CV's as I can see from several idiots I have worked with.
      It's a box ticking exercise; give the HR numpty/compliance numpty/purchasing numpty the ticks he needs to put in his boxes and you're in. This is basic contracting stuff.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        It's a box ticking exercise; give the HR numpty/compliance numpty/purchasing numpty the ticks he needs to put in his boxes and you're in. This is basic contracting stuff.
        So is putting whitespace in your posts. I think CoolCat is either a sockie or NCOTBAC.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
        X