• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    I see it as food that has been processed like most of the food in a supermarket, milk for example is heated during pasteurisation but that also removes a lot of the stuff our body needs.
    What does pasteurisation remove that our bodies need?

Even processed doesn't necessarily = bad. Often processed foods have high salt/fat contents, but that's not always the case.

Comment

I see it as food that has been processed like most of the food in a supermarket, milk for example is heated during pasteurisation but that also removes a lot of the stuff our body needs.
      Milk is pasteurised for a reason you dingbat, I don't want TB and as much as I don't care if you get it I don't want people in wider society getting it.

You prove my earlier point that "people are too thick to understand diet and nutrition"

On a side note I am a big fan of irradiating produce but sadly screaming sandal wearing shysters that have too much say and stop it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Milk is pasteurised for a reason you dingbat, I don't want TB and as much as I don't care if you get it I don't want people in wider society getting it.

You prove my earlier point that "people are too thick to understand diet and nutrition"

On a side note I am a big fan of irradiating produce but sadly screaming sandal wearing shysters that have too much say and stop it happening.
        Its cheaper just to ruin it than do checks and take care of the cows. Do you think nobody drank milk prior to the invention of pasteurisation . Do some research then you might not look like a fool with every idiotic post.

Comment

Its cheaper just to ruin it than do checks and take care of the cows. Do you think nobody drank milk prior to the invention of pasteurisation . Do some research then you might not look like a fool with every idiotic post.
          "People used to do it" has got to the absolute worse argument for nearly anything. I suppose if you want to go back to an average life expectancy of 30 or so, and a huge infant mortality rate then it's a reasonable argument - but I''ll carry on living my life based upon science and research thanks.

Comment

No-one is forcing you to drink cow's milk.

There are alternatives you can have but they will all be pasteurised if they come from animals and processed in other ways if they come from plants.

Oh and you do know in England it's illegal for shops to sell non-pasteurised milk?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

S

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              "People used to do it" has got to the absolute worse argument for nearly anything. I suppose if you want to go back to an average life expectancy of 30 or so, and a huge infant mortality rate then it's a reasonable argument - but I''ll carry on living my life based upon science and research thanks.
              So you can prove that because they drank raw milk their life expectancy was 30? Logic not your strong point is it? Anyway you drink the milk from cows pumped with antibiotics and fed with crap. You lot will deserve a collective Darwin Award.
              Last edited by russell; 21 December 2013, 17:55.

Comment

So you can prove that because they drank raw milk their life expectancy was 30? Logic not your strong point is it? Anyway you drink the milk from cows pumped with antibiotics and fed with crap. You lot will deserve a collective Darwin Award.
                You don't think there is a correlation between the advances of science surrounding food safety and disease prevention and life expectancy? Anyway, my point was pretty generic - saying "People used to do it" while ignoring the science and other implications is a really bad basis for an argument. People used to do a lot of things which have now been proven to be bad for you.

With reagrds to milk, though, the Wikipedia article has some interesting information:

Pasteurization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                "For example, between 1912 and 1937 some 65,000 people died of tuberculosis contracted from consuming milk in England and Wales alone.[14] Developed countries adopted milk pasteurization to prevent such disease and loss of life, and as a result milk is now widely considered one of the safest foods"

I don't really care if people wish to drink raw milk and I agree it can be reasonably safe, but I don't think the added risk is worth the limited (if any) nutritional benefits.
                Last edited by vwdan; 21 December 2013, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  You don't think there is a correlation between the advances of science surrounding food safety and disease prevention and life expectancy? Anyway, my point was pretty generic - saying "People used to do it" while ignoring the science and other implications is a really bad basis for an argument. People used to do a lot of things which have now been proven to be bad for you.

With reagrds to milk, though, the Wikipedia article has some interesting information:

Pasteurization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  "For example, between 1912 and 1937 some 65,000 people died of tuberculosis contracted from consuming milk in England and Wales alone.[14] Developed countries adopted milk pasteurization to prevent such disease and loss of life, and as a result milk is now widely considered one of the safest foods"

I don't really care if people wish to drink raw milk and I agree it can be reasonably safe, but I don't think the added risk is worth the limited (if any) nutritional benefits.
                  So because early 20th century problems with infected milk all our milk is now stripped of all their nutrition? Couldn't they have insisted that all milk should be produced cleanly and tested so we could keep the good parts. I dont want to have milk infected with TB and if some farms can produce safe raw milk then every farm could also. The issue is cost and it's cheaper to treat cows badly pump them with antibiotics then cook the milk so they don't have to chuck any away.

Read this for more info http://www.realmilk.com/wp-content/u...lkSept2011.ppt
                  Last edited by russell; 21 December 2013, 19:11.

Comment

Well, I am just about to tuck into my strawberry yazoo which is an excellent post run recovery drink, lots of protein and sugar.

Comment

I had some venison burgers. Very nice.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X