• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what a job spec

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a job spec

£300 pd to work in chaos.....?

Project Manager
    Wembley, Middlesex, London - £300 Per Day (cannot pay more)

Contract
    Posted: Thursday, 2 January 2014

Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
    Logix Resourcing (contract)
    Project Manager with strong senior Director level stakeholder engagement skills is required to turn a new eCommerce ‘Concept’ into a ‘Reality’ for this National multi-site organisation. The successful applicant will be required to interface with board level directors, gather the various requirements, define the scope/initiation document, gain agreement from all parties, define supporting solutions, interface with multiple 3rd party suppliers, plan the implementation programme and to push the project through the full lifecycle. Applicants applying MUST have proven experience of having delivered a project right from the conceptual stage through to implementation to qualify.
    Applicants applying will be required to work in a fairly unstructured & undocumented hectic environment where there can often be challenges with pinning the right people down; therefore having the right mind set to cope with this environment OR past experience of working in similar environments would be desirable. Applicants must be likeable, able to converse across a wide spectrum of personalities, have energy and a proven project management delivery focus with good organisation, coordination, planning and execution skills when driving projects through the full life cycle. Applicants need to be skilled at pushing/nagging to get the best out of suppliers whilst using internal/external resources to ‘make it happen' and to deliver within fixed timescales/deadlines.
    LocationWembley, Middlesex, London, UK
    IndustryIT
    Duration6 Months initially with likely extensions
    Start DateASAP or very short notice accepted
    Rate£300 Per Day (cannot pay more)
    Employment AgencyLogix Resourcing (contract)
    ContactRobin Samways
    EmailContact This Employment Agency
    ReferenceJS/RS/VR/03648
    Posted Date02/01/2014 17:02:25
    Permalinkhttp://www.jobserve.com/DG0kK
    Apply
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

I did a contract a bit similar to that in Leeds about 15 years ago on £400 a day, I refused the renewal offer, it was hell on wheels

Comment

Suity !

its for you hoo!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Suity !

its for you hoo!
        how long before he notices...?
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

He's probably the reason that they're so screwed, mind you the rate is a tad high for his skillset.

Comment

At least they are honest. It's a pragmatic description of the skillset required in some places.

But are there people who would read that and think "Ah yes, I would fit in perfectly there, sounds like just the job for me"?

Comment

The job sounds 'same tulip, different logo' to me and the 'honesty' is refreshing.

I would suggest the rate should be higher to compensate for that working environment as it is clearly going to be very demanding and risky.

Comment

The honesty is probably due to the fact that they've got through 3 PM's in a month.

I like the cut of the agent's gib though, someone might take it on for the shear hell of it...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's a pre-screwed up job though isnt it ?

how would it be possible to even fail in a job like that ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It sounds like current clientco. Previous clientco would be the but didn't have the stress...

Mind you not for £300 a day unless I lived next door. And if I lived next door it would be hard to live on £300 a day in that location.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X