• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just Discovered 'Bottom'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor old Inverdarroch, he went mental in the face.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      My favourite Scottish TV program but it was independent TV: Take the High Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I smell... sniff sniff

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Already eaten my share of the Mr Kipling Cake so I guess my weekend excitement is over.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Since when was the BBC budget proportional across the land?
          Since never. The majority license fee payers in England have always subsidised the provision of television to viewers in minority areas like Scotland and that's one of the great reasons to be part of the United Kingdom.

What I'm saying is that if Scotland becomes independent then they can keep their licence fee and run their own TV station but I don't see why the BBC would be obliged to provide them with free programming and news coverage. They can't have their cake and eat it too...

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Thanks for reminding me the absence of leading news stories when water levels become ankle deep across the south east or trains delayed because someone dropped a crisp packet on the east coast line.
          The BBC has great regional news coverage, which region are you receiving the news for? If it's not the Scottish news, then how do you know that there wasn't fantastic coverage of the storms?

As for the disruption, it was well enough reported on the news that the storm caused a complete shut down of the Scottish railway system though it's not that unusual for storms to cause major disruption to travel in Scotland.

As for the damage to the South East, measured in economic terms it's a huge amount larger than Scotland so naturally it's going to get more coverage.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
          X