• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They call it Blue Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Only if she's got nice shiny scales.

I'm very particular.
    What do you think I am? A mermaid? Lol...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      What?

You're a GAL called Gittins?

Not quite. He is a species of GAL discovered by S.P. Gittins.

GALs have a blind spot with apostrophes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Not quite. He is a species of GAL discovered by S.P. Gittins.

GALs have a blind spot with apostrophes.
        Ah you have a keen eye!

Actually the reason for not including an apostrophe in my handle is purely stylistic vis à vis Barons Court vs Earl's Court (or is it the other way round? I can never remember).

Further more, it means one keystroke fewer each time I login

Comment

Never mind the 6th Jan.

This is Blue Monday.

What a foul, miserable day.

I have to confess I didn't have the best of starts. Despite getting off to sleep at 10, I was woken at 4am needing to take a widdle. You know how it is, you lie there thinking you can hold on and go back to sleep until the alarm goes off at 6 but by the time you finally give in and extricate youself from under the warm covers, you've wasted 30 minutes and you're wide awake.

So up I got and decided to leave early and beat the traffic. Fat chance. The 35 was rammed; why oh why does EVERYONE insist on being in the outside lane causing the traffic to constantly ebb and flow between 30 & 50 mph wearing out their brake pads in the process when the inside lane is virtually empty?

It can only get better. Hopefully.

Comment

I thought it was last week. I sometimes suffer from SAD. This season I thought I was immune but last week I woke up in a very bad mood and it's going to get worse.

Thanks God in 3-4 months it will be gone.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
              And for very good reason. What an awful shock to the system. And what a journey! Took me 3 1/2 hours to reach Soton this morning.
              I missed the start of this thread. I would be f***ing depressed any day I would have to go to Southampton. Anywhere south of and including Basingstoke makes me agitated and nervous.
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Sit in the inside lane and go equally slowly but avoid the stress
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X