• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The worst contractor you have ever worked with or heard about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    He was told to go and see a doctor early on and was off for a few days and came back and was only mildly honking.

Client also asked the agent to speak to him, which I believe they did a couple of times.

The extent of this guys problem can't be underestimated though. He would take his jacket off and it looked like he had taken a shower with his shirt on, he dripped that much. he was into prog rock though, so f**k him
    Are you sure it wasn't MF?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh so it was related to a medical condition?

I have a little sympathy but it is still up to him to ensure he is suitable to be in same room as other people.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Are you sure it wasn't MF?
        LOL. Might have been. He had ideas above his station. Like a northern MF
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Oh so it was related to a medical condition?

I have a little sympathy but it is still up to him to ensure he is suitable to be in same room as other people.
          No idea if it was an actual medical problem or not. Maybe the doctor said "Try washing, you smelly c**t"
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            No idea if it was an actual medical problem or not. Maybe the doctor said "Try washing, you smelly c**t"
            LOL almost definitely. However, if he was sweating that much from just coming to work and taking his jacket off something was wrong. Although if it was me I would just shower a couple of times a day and take spare clothes and deodorant to work.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I know people who developed the equivalent to yahoo before yahoo appeared on the seen. Things either get traction or die so I did this before x doesn't mean much.

Even then google won because they were better than the other search engines at the time (in the same way facebook overtook myspace). Even in 1997 Excite / Altavista were worth billions......
              My claim to no fame is writing what was essentially a Dropbox clone many many years back. Don't get me wrong, it was far from mature, but it was reasonably unique and it did work. Problem was, everybody I showed it to said "Very nice, but what's the point?" because the Internet was still so geeky that everyone who needed it had webspace or at least an FTP server knocking about. Plus broadband was near enough unheard of, so it was useless for anything large because of having no restart ability for uploads. As such, I didn't bother really finishing it, though I still had occasional e-mails for years after from people who had stumbled upon it on SourceForge.

As for annoying contractors - people who lie. I was working as a Lead Consultant on an implementation project and had a contract desktop engineer assigned to me - we had to sack him in the end because he'd simply disappear for hours at a time while doing 10 minute jobs.

Comment

You do become desensitised to smells though, turn up at a farm and sometimes it's bad enough you want to hurl but after a few days you'd not notice it.

Presumably if you're always smelly, you don't notice.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

On my last contract, for the first few months I wasn't able to sit with the team I worked with and hat to sit with the Bobs. In the morning some of them honked a bit - by late afternoon they stunk in a very big way. I went out and bought a load of car air fresheners and scattered them around my desk. i did complain to a few people about the stench but nobody was interested. There was one guy I seemed to wear the same shirt all week! I presume the other clothes he wore got the same 5 days in a row treatment.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    On my last contract, for the first few months I wasn't able to sit with the team I worked with and hat to sit with the Bobs. In the morning some of them honked a bit - by late afternoon they stunk in a very big way. I went out and bought a load of car air fresheners and scattered them around my desk. i did complain to a few people about the stench but nobody was interested. There was one guy I seemed to wear the same shirt all week! I presume the other clothes he wore got the same 5 days in a row treatment.
                    Yep, same shirt, different day.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

For me it has to be the Test Manager at Sky I worked with, he is completely incompetent, has no people skills and I can imagine this will be his first and only contract. He was brought in by the guy overseeing the project and they were buddies at BT apparently, suffice to say the only thing he knows is manual testing and how to burn through a budget in next to no time.

Before I left I raised all these points in a professional way and urged others to the same, which they did.

Suffice to say he's still there and nothing has changed
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X