• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The worst contractor you have ever worked with or heard about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Next time you tell this story, can I suggest you don't
    FTFY
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Dammit, I've got one which will trump all others. Prostitutes, cocaine, police, fights, drug dealers, hotel bans, midnight flits abroad, arrests and fraud. But due to the fact said person going to court shortly I shall wait until it's published in the papers & update this thread accordingly.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Dammit, I've got one which will trump all others. Prostitutes, cocaine, police, fights, drug dealers, hotel bans, midnight flits abroad, arrests and fraud. But due to the fact said person going to court shortly I shall wait until it's published in the papers & update this thread accordingly.
        Cojak?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hope you've got a good lawyer. Sounds like you'll need one.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Not funny or terrible but the worst contractor I worked with was one of these guys then just started arguments with everyone. Eventually, he was made to work from home (which may have been his plan) and he would pop-in one day of week. You could see the mood of everyone change on that day. Unfortunately, couldn't get rid of him until he finished a piece of work that was required for a tight deadline, just had to sit it out. Miserable time.

A year later I was on another contract and he turned up for an interview (not with me). Heart sank. Lucky enough he didn't pass the interview.

Comment

Good luck! If those are everything, it sounds like you'll get off with a slapped wrist though.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I remember one contractor when I was permie.

Two contractors always stayed in this one hotel. Anyway, they were friendly with the owner and got a deal for the departmental xmas party to be there - decent it was too.

This one contractor, who was staying there as normal got absolutely hammered. Lost his room key so decided to kip in the lounge/bar. For some reason, couldn't find the toilets and shat in the sink behind that bar (that they wash the glasses in). Classy eh?

Trouble is the hotel had security cameras and they had it all on camera. Of course, because of xmas party, the hotel knew client etc so was straight on the phone. Client was obviously not pleased because the hotel had linked him to them - not cool.

Terminated his contract. Yeh I know what you do in your own time is no business of the client, but I thought client had every right to be a bit peed off with his behaviour. The other contractor who'd done nothing, was also peed off because hotel refused to let people who work at client x stay there in the future.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X