• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easiest internet banking service for transferring your money via digital transfer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest internet banking service for transferring your money via digital transfer...

I am with RBS at the moment and every time I want to make a digital banking transfer from sterling to my foreign Euro account its a complete pain, I have to use this RBS card chip and pin type device to get an authorization code each time I make an individual transfer. Worst still the broker who handles the currency transfer requires a different reference number on the transaction meaning that I also have to get my RBS card into the card chip and pin device just to change the payee reference for each separate transaction ? anyone recommend an easier, safe and fast internet bank where I can change the payee reference easily without the unnecessary hassle ??? HSBC ? Citibank ?

I've never had much hassle with Barclays, although their international transfers also require the authenticator device. From what I recall changing the payee references isn't as much of an issue as you describe with RBS.

I do most of my banking with First Direct, and that is probably the best bank I've dealt with to date in terms of ease of use and convenience.

Comment

Halifax allows you to set up a payment to a foreign account for repeated payments. Charge is £9.50 a transaction but you only have to confirm your password each time.

Comment

Just send me your bank details and I'll transfer it to a Euro account, I don't mind paying the charges
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
          I am with RBS at the moment and every time I want to make a digital banking transfer from sterling to my foreign Euro account its a complete pain, I have to use this RBS card chip and pin type device to get an authorization code each time I make an individual transfer. Worst still the broker who handles the currency transfer requires a different reference number on the transaction meaning that I also have to get my RBS card into the card chip and pin device just to change the payee reference for each separate transaction ? anyone recommend an easier, safe and fast internet bank where I can change the payee reference easily without the unnecessary hassle ??? HSBC ? Citibank ?

Small Business Banking, Business Bank Accounts & Prepaid Credit Cards

Online banking and transfers in Sterling and Euro
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X