• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to the US?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Funny how some of us go to Germany, the home of quality engineering, and others, well go to America. Nuff said.
    German technology is quality cars. Japanese technology is electronic gadgets. American technology is landing a man on the moon, setting up GPS, building the internet….

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      German technology is quality cars. Japanese technology is electronic gadgets. American technology is landing a man on the moon, setting up GPS, building the internet….
      Indeed, made by US citizen Wernher von Braun...

Comment

I did a year at Uni in Tallahassee and that was something of a culture shock. I’ve only ever been to Florida (I’ve been back several times since on holiday) and do love the place, but wouldn’t want to live and work there again. I know Florida has a reputation for being much more laid-back than other states, but the working culture, language barrier (! That wasn’t on the brochure!), cost of living (car cheap – food & insurance overly expensive) and the bi-polar weather drove me nuts.

Good luck if you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
          I did a year at Uni in Tallahassee and that was something of a culture shock. I’ve only ever been to Florida (I’ve been back several times since on holiday) and do love the place, but wouldn’t want to live and work there again. I know Florida has a reputation for being much more laid-back than other states, but the working culture, language barrier (! That wasn’t on the brochure!), cost of living (car cheap – food & insurance overly expensive) and the bi-polar weather drove me nuts.

Good luck if you do it.
          Am I blind or does your profile say Manchester?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Am I blind or does your profile say Manchester?
            Hah, it's all about consistency!

Over there the seasons seem to change in 30 minute spells.

Comment

Working...
            X