• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have a hurty knee as well.
    Everybody in that tournament has hurty knees, ankles, ribs, arms, shoulders and brains.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Apparently the old Welsh fly half Jonathan Davies watched the unofficial Vets 'world cup' in Bermuda and someone asked him to join in; he said no as 'it looks even harder than internationals from the 80s and 90s; I'm past that'.
      I had no idea that caring for animals gave people such aggression!

Although if Jonathan Davies thought it was tough then the games must have been brutal!
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I have a hurty knee as well.
        If we are playing scar wars then I can throw in a buggered up elbow (tennis and golfer's elbow in the same elbow at the same time) and a problem with my lower back which has a knock on effect to my right hip now and then. However, I go to a chiropractor every 6-8 weeks and get the various bits of damage I have done to myself undone so wear and tear issues rarely gain any traction.

My best near injury was a sword bounce of my shoulder armour and hit me point first in the eye. I literally felt my eye ball indent (far more painful than I expected) but it left no actual injury. The guy who was holding the sword was so freaked out he never fought again.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. I have a hurty back too at the moment from digging the allotment.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I had no idea that caring for animals gave people such aggression!

Although if Jonathan Davies thought it was tough then the games must have been brutal!
            Well, the guys are all just as big, almost as quick and somehow even more aggressive and reckless than in their youth and slightly less coordinated; the real difference is they can only play for 20 or 30 minutes at a time before downing a pint and then returning to the field, now even more reckless and oblivious to pain. The pain comes after the weekend and lasts a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              I know there are some people on here who are into their physical fitness, so ...

My schedule was that I was going to do 100 burpees* this morning before getting the kids up but I had a late night and some 'bedtime exercises' so I was too tired and slept in till 7.

In order to make sure I actually do it when I get back from work does anyone else fancy a go too (no time at lunch as have different training session then)?

Nothing complicated, you have 20 minutes. You do as many burpees as you can in 20 minutes, if you reach a 100 stop and record the time. So you either record the number you did or how fast you did 100.

If you cannot do a full burpee then remove bits of it until you can. I leave out the pressup as I am terrible at them but if you prefer you can miss out the jump or miss out the jump and the pressup (essentially making it a squat thrust).

If you are a brutal then add bits in e.g. a 180 degree twist when jumping, doing it on 1 leg etc.

It does not matter as you are only exercising for you, I don't care what variation you do or how many you manage. I just know if I have someone else doing the same thing there is less chance I will slack off like the lazy sod I am!

Anyone fancy it?

*let us skip the hilarious breaking wind route!
              There is nothing nice about burpees. As I was leaving the gym this morning I heard a trainer barking at his client that pain is privilege which made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
                There is nothing nice about burpees. As I was leaving the gym this morning I heard a trainer barking at his client that pain is privilege which made me chuckle.
                A wonderful thought! Anyway, are you up for it?

Comment

MF does 100 burpees every morning. Or was it burgers?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
                    Isn't that an invitation to smack him in the chops?

Comment

Well being as I am doing this solo I went ahead and did it in my lunchbreak:

100 burpees (without press-ups cos I am lazy): 14:09

The rest of lunch was spent practicing with sword, axe, two handed sword and spear.

Comment

Working...
                      X