• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Well being as I am doing this solo I went ahead and did it in my lunchbreak:

100 burpees (without press-ups cos I am lazy): 14:09

The rest of lunch was spent practicing with sword, axe, two handed sword and spear.
    Do you like films about gladiators?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Do you like films about gladiators?
      Of course, I have also been in a Turkish prison.

I fought as a gladiator once at a show. I won the overall tournament but being a gladiator sodding well hurts even when you win (also several people from my group were in the Ridley Scott film 'Gladiator').
      Last edited by MyUserName; 21 January 2014, 13:51. Reason: added more boasting
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I thought gladiators was that TV series where they all took steroids?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I thought gladiators was that TV series where they all took steroids?
          I remember that or at least I remember Jet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            MF does 100 burpees every morning. Or was it burgers?
            Which ones are burpees? Are they the same thing as "squat thrusts"? Or is it a squat-thrust into a star jump?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Which ones are burpees? Are they the same thing as "squat thrusts"? Or is it a squat-thrust into a star jump?
              It's a squat thrust into a star jump, and with a 180 degree turn in the star jump it becomes a ' bastard'. It's what gives me that tiny bit of hope that there's a heaven and a hell; whichever one I end up in, I'm going to go looking for the psychopathic git that invented them and do some very nasty things to him/her.

Comment

Could be worse, it could be 360.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Don't put thoughts into the minds of ex-military rugby coaches. Their minds were not made to accommodate thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    It's a squat thrust into a star jump, and with a 180 degree turn in the star jump it becomes a ' bastard'. It's what gives me that tiny bit of hope that there's a heaven and a hell; whichever one I end up in, I'm going to go looking for the psychopathic git that invented them and do some very nasty things to him/her.
                    Usually, there is a press up involved as well (you might have to quote this post if you want him to see it).

I hear rumours that some people actually do these 1 legged too!!! I have also seen them done with a chin up at the top of the jump.

Comment

Thats an Evil Bastard

(with a BYOB - bring your own bucket)

Comment

Working...
                      X