• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitness challenge

I know there are some people on here who are into their physical fitness, so ...

My schedule was that I was going to do 100 burpees* this morning before getting the kids up but I had a late night and some 'bedtime exercises' so I was too tired and slept in till 7.

In order to make sure I actually do it when I get back from work does anyone else fancy a go too (no time at lunch as have different training session then)?

Nothing complicated, you have 20 minutes. You do as many burpees as you can in 20 minutes, if you reach a 100 stop and record the time. So you either record the number you did or how fast you did 100.

If you cannot do a full burpee then remove bits of it until you can. I leave out the pressup as I am terrible at them but if you prefer you can miss out the jump or miss out the jump and the pressup (essentially making it a squat thrust).

If you are a brutal then add bits in e.g. a 180 degree twist when jumping, doing it on 1 leg etc.

It does not matter as you are only exercising for you, I don't care what variation you do or how many you manage. I just know if I have someone else doing the same thing there is less chance I will slack off like the lazy sod I am!

Anyone fancy it?

*let us skip the hilarious breaking wind route!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I know there are some people on here who are into their physical fitness, so ...

My schedule was that I was going to do 100 burpees* ...
    Two and a half years ago I stopped playing rugby and swore that I would never, ever do a burpee again. I still stand by that.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Two and a half years ago I stopped playing rugby and swore that I would never, ever do a burpee again. I still stand by that.
      I felt the same after getting to 100 last Tuesday. However I have already committed to getting my time below 10 minutes so I am stuck doing them :-(

I have a different challenge on Thursday (or maybe Friday - depends how the week pans out). I will give you a shout then!
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I will take you on provided that I don't have to do the press up bit, or the plank bit, or the jumping bit.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

In case you need motivation!

NSFW

Fitness - Boot Camp Workout 1: Burpee's Exercise - YouTube

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDAPnajWq-0
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I felt the same after getting to 100 last Tuesday. However I have already committed to getting my time below 10 minutes so I am stuck doing them :-(

I have a different challenge on Thursday (or maybe Friday - depends how the week pans out). I will give you a shout then!
            Make sure it's on a bike. Running's no good as right knee and the hip are fooked. Rowing's not that great due to torn joint capsule and nerve damage in left shoulder, boxing's a bit crappy due to fingers that dislocate too easily, but I still do a bit, and any twisting ground exercises are no good due to piano key ribs. You get the picture.

Comment

Those brutal ones are called Bastards at the rowing club.

I have double spin and swim tonight and would prefer to do that than dizzy/vomit inducing bastards if you can keep it up for more than a week without crying or cheating that would be really good.

Maybe skipping is less brutal.

Comment

Make sure it's on a bike. Running's no good as right knee and the hip are fooked. Rowing's not that great due to torn joint capsule and nerve damage in left shoulder, boxing's a bit crappy due to fingers that dislocate too easily, but I still do a bit, and any twisting ground exercises are no good due to piano key ribs. You get the picture.
                Wow I thought I was fooked

My hurty ankle really is nothing in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Wow I thought I was fooked

My hurty ankle really is nothing in comparison.
                  Actually it was the last couple of years of playing that gave me most of the injuries. Kept playing 7s and trying to keep up with the 20 somethings; I actually kept up OK but the body protested anyway. Then I played some 'serious' vets tournaments where various over 35 first class players and a few ex internationals ply their trade in Amsterdam, Dubai, Rome, Flanders and so on in teams like Wooden Spoon, Marauders and the international 'Classics' teams; all great fun but it was striking how many players were ' over 35' but also 'under 40'. Apparently the old Welsh fly half Jonathan Davies watched the unofficial Vets 'world cup' in Bermuda and someone asked him to join in; he said no as 'it looks even harder than internationals from the 80s and 90s; I'm past that'.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 21 January 2014, 10:28.

Comment

Actually it was the last couple of years of playing that gave me most of the injuries. Kept playing 7s and trying to keep up with the 20 somethings; I actually kept up OK but the body protested anyway. Then I played some 'serious' vets tournaments where various over 35 first class players and a few ex internationals ply their trade in Amsterdam, Dubai, Rome, Flanders and so on in teams like Wooden Spoon, Marauders and the international 'Classics' tams; all great fun but it was striking how many players were ' over 35' but also 'under 40'. Apparently the old Welsh fly half Jonathan Davies watched the unofficial Vets 'world cup' in Bermuda and someone asked him to join in; he said no as 'it looks even harder than internationals from the 80s and 90s; I'm past that'.
                    I have a hurty knee as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X