• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Littlejohn sticks the boot into the fatties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'd be interested to know whether the second idea works in reducing drunkenness and disorder; if it does, why not?
    I can see where the idea comes from. But some figures would be nice.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      They can lose weight, but the point is until they do, they are legitimately disabled.
      As with all addictions, it's not as easy as it sounds. Most very fat people have tried and failed numerous times.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        As with all addictions, it's not as easy as it sounds. Most very fat people have tried and failed numerous times.
        I know, but I'm saying even with the "they can lose weight" argument, the fact is they are fat NOW.

Comment

thing is for me if you are fat n lazy now then giving you a free fat scooter and a blue badge is giving you no incentive to loose weight

in fact it is helping you not to loose weight by not making you do exercise.

people are often fat because they are lazy and for no other reason

giving them devices which helps them be lazy is not going to achieve a postive result.

Comment

As somebody has already pointed out, as crazy as it sounds if you are that obese that you have genuine mobility issues, then by that definition you are "disabled".

The thrust of his argument is that they brought it on themselves and it's their fault so they shouldn't be entitled to anything. How far do you want to take that argument? If you like extreme sports and have an accident whilst say, base jumping or parachuting, and end up crippled and in a wheelchair, under Littlejohn's regime would we say "no blue badge for you, you brought it on yourself"?

Typical Daily Mail nonsense...how many people are *that* obese that they can genuinely claim to have mobility issues anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              As somebody has already pointed out, as crazy as it sounds if you are that obese that you have genuine mobility issues, then by that definition you are "disabled".

The thrust of his argument is that they brought it on themselves and it's their fault so they shouldn't be entitled to anything. How far do you want to take that argument? If you like extreme sports and have an accident whilst say, base jumping or parachuting, and end up crippled and in a wheelchair, under Littlejohn's regime would we say "no blue badge for you, you brought it on yourself"?

Typical Daily Mail nonsense...how many people are *that* obese that they can genuinely claim to have mobility issues anyway
              Yes but the problem is you just have to get a bit fat go see your doctor who will then tell you you are obese (and you do not need to be that 'fat' to be clinically obese) and there you go a free fat scooter and a blue badge.

Now I have no problems if this also included free compulsory gym sessions and free compulsory low fat food.

Or ok you can have these for 1 year but you have to loose x stone as the country is not going to fund your obesity

however as it it just means you can park nearer to the entrance to Mcdonalds.

and to an extent you could argue similar for extreme sports people - you made that choice why should the tax payer pick up the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                and to an extent you could argue similar for extreme sports people - you made that choice why should the tax payer pick up the bill?
                Because provision of health or health-related services on the basis of whether or not it was self-inflicted would be the start of a very slippery slope...where do you want to draw that line?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    thing is for me if you are fat n lazy now then giving you a free fat scooter and a blue badge is giving you no incentive to loose weight

in fact it is helping you not to loose weight by not making you do exercise.

people are often fat because they are lazy and for no other reason

giving them devices which helps them be lazy is not going to achieve a postive result.
                    Cars help lazy people be lazy. So do telephones you can order delivery pizza and internet you can order Tesco shopping.

You haven't answered the question - what DO you do with people who have got themselves in this state and cannot walk very far, etc? Without disabled badge, even getting to the hospital or gym might be difficult

Comment

Of course they could have had mobility issues, which in turn have led to them getting fat.

Comment

Working...
                      X