• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School thieving - how should I react?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no evidence that the school is planning to brush it under the carpet - the thought had not really occured to me. Well only in passing then I dismissed it. Its a Catholic school with a very strong discipline ethic.

I had assumed they would involve the police - if anything just for the girl's benefit. Sometimes its better to get a harsh discipline lesson early.

So far I have written the school a brief email asking them what is happening. I intend to phone them tomorrow.

Some things are a bit so serious to be dealt with personally. I can think of one incident when I was 16 - Waitrose messed up my wages then accused me of stealing. It was a manager in the warehouse. I just stuck with the truth - he was like a rottwelier. My mother went in and took him apart - got solicitors involved.

Comment

Is this a joke thread?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        Is this a joke thread?
        See OP for more info.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Two years in Borstal should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Daughter told me today that she lost £1 from her blazer. Went to teacher and they reviewed CCTV. Saw this girl put daughter's blazer on, walk around, go in toilets for a long while. This girl asked another girl if she should steal from my daughter.

This girl apparently like my daughter and has made lots of catty comments. Not that my daughter cares. This girl is regularly in trouble and spends alot of time in the Sin Bin.

This girl is leaving the school soon.

Should I just let the school deal with it? Insist on some course of action?
            Tell your daughter that in front of the classmates, give the assailant another pound and tell her "Your need is greater than mine".

Yours, Jesus
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

yep its best if we get the kid a criminal record early!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thoroughly disinfect your daughter's blazer to prevent infection with nasty chav-borne diseases.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

CCTV? Sin Bin? WTF?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Mouse Trap in pocket

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Daughter told me today that she lost £1 from her blazer. Went to teacher and they reviewed CCTV. Saw this girl put daughter's blazer on, walk around, go in toilets for a long while. This girl asked another girl if she should steal from my daughter.

This girl apparently like my daughter and has made lots of catty comments. Not that my daughter cares. This girl is regularly in trouble and spends alot of time in the Sin Bin.

This girl is leaving the school soon.

Should I just let the school deal with it? Insist on some course of action?
                    Mouse Trap in pocket should take this girls Clean off if she tries it again, line pocket with plastic so blood does not stain coat.

Call the Police and Daily Wail also if other girl is a benifits or migent family background.

Comment

Working...
                    X