• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'm glad I don't play rugby any more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    They are trying to make what is essentially a boring middle class sport interesting to the masses. It will not work unless it has broad pleb appeal.
    To be fair at least it's not cricket, now that is dull to watch
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      They are trying to make what is essentially a boring middle class sport interesting to the masses. It will not work unless it has broad pleb appeal.
      The masses like football, and have no interest in more numbers than how many goals were scored. Rugby is arguably unpopular because it's more complicated than football, releasing loads of statistics is hardly going to improve this.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The masses like football, and have no interest in more numbers than how many goals were scored. Rugby is arguably unpopular because it's more complicated than football, releasing loads of statistics is hardly going to improve this.
        WHS, although playing in the back row and occasionally second row isn't really all that complicated; shove, tackle, grunt, fart, shove, tackle, grunt, fart, punch somebody, shove, tackle, grunt, fart until some chap with a shirt that's not from one of the teams blows a whistle for something obscure.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 30 January 2014, 09:15.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          WHS, although playing in the back row and occasionally second row isn't really all that complicated; shove, tackle, grunt, fart, shove, tackle, grunt, fart, punch somebody, shove, tackle, grunt, fart until some chap with a shirt that's not from one of the teams blows a whistle for something obscure.
          That sounds like an AGILE scrum meeting at my current tulip client!

Comment

Glad I don't play any more too.. Now I can sit comfortably and watch the France - England match, and enjoy my trip to Dublin for the Ireland - Wales game next week..

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
              Glad I don't play any more too.. Now I can sit comfortably and watch the France - England match, and enjoy my trip to Dublin for the Ireland - Wales game next week..
              Be glad you can sit comfortably; my ribs click in and out if I lean against the armrest on the sofa.

Comment

I meant complicated to follow
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Be glad you can sit comfortably; my ribs click in and out if I lean against the armrest on the sofa.
                  I only have trouble with my shoulders, especially trying not to sleep on them! I blame the forwards for not doing more of my tackling for me!

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                    I only have trouble with my shoulders, especially trying not to sleep on them! I blame the forwards for not doing more of my tackling for me!
                    We didn't play together then. I didn't have many talents, but I could tackle and I loved it, especially when a fly half just stayed on the ground holding his stomach. Even better if his breakfast came out. I am of the school of thought that sees Courtney Lawes diving into people flat out and says 'you should have it him harder Courtney'. In fact when a coach asked me why I did lots of shuttle sprints before and after training, I said 'so I can catch more people and flatten them'. One skill, well executed, can take you quite a long way.

And yes, my shoulders are fooked now too.

Comment

Working...
                    X