• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'm glad I don't play rugby any more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I'm glad I don't play rugby any more

Six Nations 2014: Sir Ian McGeechan's interactive guide to the players to watch - Telegraph

Player statistics like runs, assists etc. What a load of boring yankee management cack.

That is all.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

To counter the "would Mitch " threads and posts, and to promote equality......

Front / Second Row #7 – I would

Three Quarter / Back Three #9 – I would

That is all
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
      To counter the "would Mitch " threads and posts, and to promote equality......

Front / Second Row #7 – I would

That is all
      And that's another thing; I'm not fugly enough to be a flanker these days.

Comment

I find the GPS tracking maps of players/teams movements quiet interesting. Especially if I've watched the game. Although they don't get released very often.

Here is the GPS trace of my U6's from last weekend....the black lines are the players trace!

Last edited by Damon; 29 January 2014, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
          He looks a bit cross.

Comment

Who are you backing for the 6 Nations title Mich?
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
              I find the GPS tracking maps of players/teams movements quiet interesting. Especially if I've watched the game. Although they don't get released very often.
              I don't. But then I guess I'm from an earlier era when that sort of thing counted for nothing. Jean Pierre Rives, Wayne Shelford and Dean Richards were very different players; JP Rives' GPS tracking would show him to be a chaotic loony and make coaches ask 'where the hell's he going now'. Shelford's would show him to be a loony in his youth and very systematic later in his career, while Richards' tracking would show him to be a lazy fat c**t who hung around in the middle and waited for play to come to him. All three were, each in their own ways, among the most effective back row forwards ever to play the game, and although they'd perhaps face different fitness expectations now (although Shelford and Rives were certainly exceptionally fit), it's this variety that always appealed to me in rugby, and not statistics driven robot players. But then, there's no stopping progress so it's best that old farties like me are out of the way.

It seems I'm becoming an , or maybe just an old romantic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Who are you backing for the 6 Nations title Mich?
                Can't pronounce it; W..W....Wa... that country full of sheep nearby Hereford. They might not beat the Frogs though (although I bloody well hope everybody does), so not a grand slam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Six Nations 2014: Sir Ian McGeechan's interactive guide to the players to watch - Telegraph

Player statistics like runs, assists etc. What a load of boring yankee management cack.

That is all.
                  They are trying to make what is essentially a boring middle class sport interesting to the masses. It will not work unless it has broad pleb appeal.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    He looks a bit cross.
                    Yes, but I like a challenge - I'm sure I could calm him down and make him smile
                    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Working...
                    X