• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Valentines day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said Mich. Avoid all the sickening couples all trying to out-do each other for looking soppy and romantic.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Valentine's day - last time I went out was with the ex-wife - horrible prices, horrible atmosphere, horrible food and horrible fawning couples outdoing each other with sickening Hallmark dramatics.

Ghastly experience.

I'm cooking another Thai banquet and watching a Bluray with GF#1 and her daughter. No overpriced cards required.

Bah humbug...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Although I think we might do takeaway since it's Friday and we'll be tired.
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Hopeless, the lot of you.

All men should be capable of cooking a decent meal and setting a table complete with candles and properly laid out cutlery, if only for Valentines Day. If you really can't do that, then hire a chef for the evening or go home to mum and get a bloody upbringing!
          Why do it just for valentines???

I don't see the point in Valentines, it's a bit like getting married, one day and it's all for show.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Why do it just for valentines???

I don't see the point in Valentines, it's a bit like getting married, one day and it's all for show.
            Indeed, but some chaps are so incompetent they can only manage once a year as they need a whole year's planning to work out how to fry up a steak and mix up a salad.

These are CUK geeks, not proper men.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Indeed, but some chaps are so incompetent they can only manage once a year as they need a whole year's planning to work out how to fry up a steak and mix up a salad.

I thought steak day was March 14th?
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

according to the kids I can't cook steak they keep complaining 'its pink inside' is it cooked ?

They look on in horror when I eat mine Bleu.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                  I thought steak day was March 14th?
                  Ha ha, my friends wedding anniversary - the one time doubling up on events has its uses.

Comment

If I remember, Oscar Pistorius had an interesting idea for valentines day last year

However, I assume he's not the only guy who ever spent valentines day firing a couple of shots into the wife while imagining it's someone else.......
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                      Ha ha, my friends wedding anniversary - the one time doubling up on events has its uses.
                      he gets two BJs?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X