• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pogle poses nude!! NSFW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It's duct you cretinous fester from leicester. duct

d u c t

duct
    Oh the power of branding............... Everyone's right !

The first name for Duct Tape was DUCK. During World War II the U.S. Military needed a waterproof tape to keep the moisture out of ammunition cases. So, they enlisted the Johnson and Johnson Permacel Division to manufacture the tape. Because it was waterproof, everyone referred to it as “duck” tape (like water off a duck’s back). Military personnel discovered that the tape was good for lots more than keeping out water. They used it for Jeep repair, fixing stuff on their guns, strapping equipment to their clothing... the list is endless.

After the War, the housing industry was booming and someone discovered that the tape was great for joining the heating and air conditioning duct work. So, the color was changed from army green to the silvery color we are familiar with today and people started to refer to it as “duct tape*.” Therefore, either name is appropriate.

Today, Duck® brand Tape is manufactured by ShurTech.

HTH
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

On another note - I much prefer a Hairy Pogle
      If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Duct Tape, Packaging Tape, Shelf Liner, Weatherization | Duck® Brand

There used to be an amazing website from two blokes who did stuff with duck tape.

Can't find it now...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          The anticipation is greater when at least something is left to the imagination....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

There used to be an amazing website from two blokes who did stuff with duck tape.

Can't find it now...
            These guys ?

DuctTapeGuys.com

The Raiders of the Lost Tape Fedoras in the fashion accessories are the mutts nuts

Comment

Why do they have red eyes?
              Quite demonic..

Comment

Engage smug mode.

Smug mode engaged.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
                  Lots of stuff
                  Loathe as I am to trust Wikipedia as a source without looking at its own sources... it thinks you're only nearly right.

The name apparently has nothing to do with a metaphor - the name came from the material used - duck cloth.
                  Also, other stuff, like a different division being responsible.

But basically, yes, duck tape is the original name, duct tape came later.
                  Last edited by Ticktock; 13 February 2014, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Loathe as I am to trust Wikipedia as a source without looking at its own sources... it think you're only nearly right.

The name apparently has nothing to do with a metaphore - the name came from the material used - duck cloth.
                    Also, other stuff, like a different division being responsible.

But basically, yes, duck tape is the original name, duct tape came later.
                    Yes you are right, there was a load of stuff about the duck cloth, not just wiki, I just cut a load of info out - just wanted to point out everyone was right

Comment

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X