• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#IfIWasWhite vs #IfIwasBlack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#IfIWasWhite vs #IfIwasBlack

Is the trending on Twitter right now and is the big topic for this week (as all in the know Cukkers are aware).

This debate just happened at the bar in the hotel I'm staying. A rather rambunctious individual at the bar sought my interaction. Having spotted him earlier trying to press on a couple how 'Christian' they were in the help of their aged mother, I crossed verbal swords at him at the bar over my 'Engishness'.

At the end of the evening, we crossed paths again. After the discussion about countries, he went straight for the jugular. Why we we're different? Was there a god? Why did I think we had different colour skin and why he had course hair? He then pointed at the bar and said why everyone looked different? My reply of , ' Well you all look American to me, did little to answer his question'. He then banged on about Slavery in the US which was a bit bizarre as I was downloading '12 Years a slave' on the laptop at the time.

I told him I believed that humanity had started in Africa, had then covered the world, where possible to America, to Asia, to Europe and that by default the difference was weather, food, water and the land. Over 40000 years it led to the present situation and I see no-one different to the next. He believed that a God had made the many different types of people. I asked him his job. He was an electrician, and then as an electrician did he wire the mains in many different ways or did he do it in the best way? I think the argument was lost on him.

It was an enjoyable discussion, but tinged with a little sadness. I was in a bar hotel where probably 70% of the patrons where black, 20% mexican/half cast and 10% white.I had paid absoutely no attention to the diversity in the bar but both this guy and another made a comment. Weird.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

The guy was a racist. Pure and simple. I would have said something short and sweet like :

Dunno mate, if there were no black people then I'd have no black friends so I'm happy that God made folks all different colours. Now if you don't mind I'm in the middle of me film about the slave trade.

Why the italics btw? You just like slanty i's.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I crossed verbal swords at him at the bar over my 'Engishness'.
      Is that quoting his mispronunciation or an unintentionally well-placed cockup after too many beers?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I was in a bar hotel where probably 70% of the patrons where black, 20% mexican/half cast and 10% white.I had paid absoutely no attention to the diversity in the bar but both this guy and another made a comment. Weird.
        Lucky not to get shot then...
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
        X