• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Unless the heating comes from an immersion heater it's not the thermocouple.

If it's a combi, could be the diverted valve. If it's not a combi then it's the three way valve, or one of the two ways if it's s plan not y plan.

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
    The hot water could be in the tank from before the thermo failed.

Comment

Combi I think. Valve rings a bell as something that's got stuck in the past. Mr ms will give it a kick in the morning, but given that the fuse blew there might be some electrickery.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Combi I think. Valve rings a bell as something that's got stuck in the past. Mr ms will give it a kick in the morning, but given that the fuse blew there might be some electrickery.
        Could be your knuckle-valve-strumbler.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Top Tip! fuses don't just blow because they want you to visit them - you need to identify the cause
          actually they do.

frequently they blow due to a fault however they can just age or blow during a surge.

http://paris.utdallas.edu/IEEE-RS-AT...08/2008-12.pdf

Zeity - don't all domestic fuses come from China nowadays?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X