The benefits system The benefits system
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

Default The benefits system

I have a letter from a jobcentre in Belfast. The phone number is an 0845 number.

Please send us another medical certificate by 11th February. The letter is dated 13th February.

Now that is either calculated to result in benefits being stopped for no reason or gross incompetence.

Either way I shall be writing to my MP as now I'm semi retired I have little else to be getting on with.

They have sent me the capacity for work questionnaire as well, despite the fact I already sent them the form that says I'm terminally ill and which exempts me from the capacity for work assessment.

All I can say is thank **** I am able to work and not relying on the benefits system to keep me alive eh! Pity the poor buggers that are.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Potty-trained

suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by doodab View Post
    I have a letter from a jobcentre in Belfast. The phone number is an 0845 number.

Please send us another medical certificate by 11th February. The letter is dated 13th February.

Now that is either calculated to result in benefits being stopped for no reason or gross incompetence.

Either way I shall be writing to my MP as now I'm semi retired I have little else to be getting on with.

They have sent me the capacity for work questionnaire as well, despite the fact I already sent them the form that says I'm terminally ill and which exempts me from the capacity for work assessment.

All I can say is thank **** I am able to work and not relying on the benefits system to keep me alive eh! Pity the poor buggers that are.
    Have you ever been to that job centre before?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Contractor 'til I die

Quote Originally Posted by suityou01 View Post
    Have you ever been to that job centre before?
    No. I live in Surrey, and I've worked hard at avoiding jobcentres anywhere.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Super poster

MicrosoftBob is NOT a disguised employee

Does it say which year they need it by ?

Potty-trained

suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

No. I live in Surrey, and I've worked hard at avoiding jobcentres anywhere.
    Precisely my point. Not meaning to offend.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Contractor 'til I die

It's clearly geared up to result in a cessation of payments. I'm pretty annoyed about it personally. ******* bureautwats!

TPAFKAk2p2

mudskipper is always on top

They are totally incompetent, and do indeed stop benefits for all sorts of reasons (e.g. they told you your appointment was on Thursday, but booked it on Tuesday). People are left without money, and borrow, beg or steal to survive.

If you come off benefits to take a couple of weeks of temporary work, it can take six to eight weeks to get back on, which is why no-one will do it.

Contractor 'til I die

It's interesting to see it first hand from a position of relative comfort.

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

One of my in-laws is on long term sicke. He received a similar letter from housing benefit and they cut the benefit off next day. He also made a DP request along with complaint that they had breached the DP Act. They replied three months later denying that they had breached the Act, the letter also stated that he need to show ID to get a copy of his data. There was a second large bundle addressed to his that contained someone else’s DP request documents.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Obstinate Git

Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

Time to apply Hanlon's Razor.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014