• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aging population starts to have an effect

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Having to pay more towards other peoples public sector pensions ?
    A long time ago the average company pension was comparable to a public sector pension. People voted for successive governments that paved the way for companies to erode pension provision so that is no longer the case, usually in return for tax cuts that they were supposed to spend lining the pockets of private pension providers.

While the current pension situation may be inequitable it's hardly the fault of those who haven't seen their pensions destroyed is it?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Judging by the quality of life I've observed recently, popping your clogs at 85 is infinitely preferable to being kept alive until you're 94.

Abso-furkin-loootly
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
        Having to pay more towards other peoples public sector pensions ?
        When pension was first introduced 60% of people died before they got a pension. That link needs to be restored.

Say pension at 85?

Comment

Judging by the quality of life I've observed recently, popping your clogs at 85 is infinitely preferable to being kept alive until you're 94.

Being 90 and pretending to be deaf must be quite fun.

Comment

They don't have to pretend.

Plus the brain circuitry that decodes speech appears to degenerate which is even worse.
            We all end up in the state from which we started.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Being 90 and pretending to be deaf must be quite fun.
              while sat in your own poop waiting for someone to feed you and hopefully wipe your bum - or do you get that at home anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                while sat in your own poop waiting for someone to feed you and hopefully wipe your bum - or do you get that at home anyway
                No-one feeds me or wipes my bum - I just sit in it. But then sitting in poo is a useful skill to have at my current job.

Comment

From personal observation, it's better to burn out than to fade away.
                  From what I saw during my hospital stays I'm inclined to agree. It doesn't look a lot of fun, I'd rather go out with a bang. Or at least a fizz and a pop.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    From what I saw during my hospital stays I'm inclined to agree. It doesn't look a lot of fun, I'd rather go out with a bang. Or at least a fizz and a pop.
                    I want to go out with a big bang. Lots of explosive. In the middle of the house of commons. Let my life not be totally wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                      I don't hate helping other people, however I also don't believe I should have to contribute to another person's pension especially if it is a public sector one.
                      You dont, any more than anyone elses, my council pension had me paying high contributions. The payoffs to fat cats are not representative of how ordinary workers get treated.

Comment

Working...
                      X