• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will UKIP 's campaign manager apologize for the Cash for Question scandal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will UKIP 's campaign manager apologize for the Cash for Question scandal?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...urn-worse.html
    Last edited by petergriffin; 1 March 2014, 09:39.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

My god you've dragged this up from the archives haven't you.

A complete non-story, not that I am a UKIP supporter but I dislike the dumbing down of UKIP as extremists when in fact they do represent the views of many millions who deserve to be heard.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

A complete non-story, not that I am a UKIP supporter but I dislike the dumbing down of UKIP as extremists when in fact they do represent the views of many millions who deserve to be heard.
      This.

The BBC interviewed a UKIP spokesman this very morning, and during the whole interview the BBC man was arguing that they are racist, equating them with the BNP. Nothing about UKIP's real and stated raison d'etre.

We've had one or two like that BBC interviewer on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        This.

The BBC interviewed a UKIP spokesman this very morning, and during the whole interview the BBC man was arguing that they are racist, equating them with the BNP. Nothing about UKIP's real and stated raison d'etre.
        This spokesman?

Has mass unlimited immigration benefited Britain? - YouTube
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Yes, Daily Mail style.

But we are not talking of racism here. We are talking of a man who has been accused of taking money from Al Fayed in return for asking questions on his behalf at the House of Commons.

Neil Hamilton (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On 3 July 1997, the enquiry found Hamilton guilty of taking "cash for questions". Hamilton, Smith (also found guilty), Brown and Michael Grylls were harshly criticised. If Hamilton and Smith had remained in parliament, Downey said he might have recommended long periods of suspension for both. Hamilton rejected these findings, whereas Smith, who had stood down, accepted them, apologised for his conduct, and retired from politics altogether.
          Congratulations to the UKIP for finding a man who definitely knows how to get the money. So long for being different from Liblabcon!
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Are you sure that media is not "shaping" their views to support the paradigm of the day? Otherwise, I cannot imagine why millions of people would turn into hating Polish minority which not only is relatively small, but also relatively easy to assimilate. I experienced it myself, and it happened only AFTER Farage made hatred toward Poles respectable.

Goldstein Two Minute Hate Ritual - YouTube

Comment

I just wonder, if it was the other way round, if those in Eastern Europe would be tolerant of similar numbers of Brits. Given the greater strength of far right groups in Eastern Europe, some of whom make even the BNP look moderate, I rather doubt it. Look at the violence against migrants round the world, in South Africa against other Africans, on Bangladeshis in Myanmar, Hispanics in New York, even in India against those from other regions of the same country.

The UK is remarkably tolerant but, if we are prevented from voicing even legitimate concerns, if our governments will not address them, then more people will come to conclude that the methods used in other nations may be the only ones open to them if we are to retain anything at all of our national identity.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                The UK is remarkably tolerant but, if we are prevented from voicing even legitimate concerns, if our governments will not address them, then more people will come to conclude that the methods used in other nations may be the only ones open to them if we are to retain anything at all of our national identity.
                But you are targeting relatively small minority, especially women and children, who came to UK legally on the bases of reciprocal flow of capital, goods, services and people. If you target minority for your racial hatred because you know that you will not receive death threats, something is wrong. And fyi there are multiple violent racist attacks on Poles, recently in Bradford, Dagenham, Croydon. You just never hear about it because the victims are Polish.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I just wonder, if it was the other way round, if those in Eastern Europe would be tolerant of similar numbers of Brits.
                You are missing the whole picture. Poland had HUGE amount of Brits in 1991-1995 helping themselves to our national wealth. The "privatisation plan" also called "transformation" was concocted by LSE (School) and in large part executed by English firms. I've met some of those guys here, they are still laughing at how they robbed us blind.

Then in 1994-1999 we had a procession of English professors who were brainwashing our brightest students to believe in fairy tales about 'invisible hand', 'natural rights of men' and 'veil of ignorance'.
                Now its even worse, its all 'gender studies' and all that.

Then along came English and American half-inteligentsia with the ambition to rewrite our history. Polish historians who dare to question their research methods are thrown out of the Polish Universities, just like under Soviets.

Media only bring up free movement of people. I sense that they try to promote 'colonial view' of "Eastern Block" (SIC!).

As for allegedly 'extreme groups' this is just foreign media smear campaign (media in Poland are foreign too).
                Euro 2012 Stadium Burned Down - YouTube
                Last edited by mos; 1 March 2014, 13:01.

Comment

He did say:

UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: "Polish immigration to Britain ebbs and flows but at all times the movement is basically in one direction. There is nothing we can do about this because of our EU membership."
                  Which is absolute bollocks! What's to stop Brits going to Poland or other countries in the EU because nothing is stopping them, especially not the EU.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                    But you are targeting relatively small minority, especially women and children, who came to UK legally on the bases of reciprocal flow of capital, goods, services and people. If you target minority for your racial hatred because you know that you will not receive death threats, something is wrong. And fyi there are multiple violent racist attacks on Poles, recently in Bradford, Dagenham, Croydon. You just never hear about it because the victims are Polish.
                    The point Xog is making, and that I happen to agree with, is that a society can only tolerate migration at a certain rate. Once that rate is exceeded existing members of the society start to react in undesirable ways. In the UK uncontrolled migration has led to such a large number of immigrants that they are no longer being successfully assimilated.

This isn't "anti-polish" it's simply an acknowledgement that we've let too many people in over the last ten years. The ONS estimate 1 in 8 of the population is now foreign born, up from 1 in 20 in 2004, and it's simply too many new people for society to cope with. The large numbers are simply too disruptive, and what you observe is the end result of that disruption. Poles are singled out because although they are a minority in society as a whole they are by far the largest group of foreign nationals in the UK, more than Indians & Irish put together.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migrat...-of-birth.html
                    Last edited by doodab; 1 March 2014, 13:15.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X