• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Analysts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    so the Business Analysts are the two people interviewing the 'Software development manager'?
    Other way round

Which part of "Takes the software requirements from the customers to the developers" was difficult to understand?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Other way round

Which part of "Takes the software requirements from the customers to the developers" was difficult to understand?
      What I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Other way round

and point proven... Suity understood I was returning the compliment.

Your BA's may well do that, ours make things work and channel the stupidity towards something useful. As my example showed, the software team have been in control up until now (for 10 years), they made a mess, we will make help them clean it up. They won't thank us for it but the VP will when everything works.

remember the human tower analogy, as CEO you look down and see smiling faces, the people at the bottom look up & see a-holes standing on their shoulders. Its the same with BAs & developers , its just luck who looks down or up.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

and point proven... Suity understood I was returning the compliment.

Your BA's may well do that, ours make things work and channel the stupidity towards something useful. As my example showed, the software team have been in control up until now (for 10 years), they made a mess, we will make help them clean it up. They won't thank us for it but the VP will when everything works.

remember the human tower analogy, as CEO you look down and see smiling faces, the people at the bottom look up & see a-holes standing on their shoulders. Its the same with BAs & developers , its just luck who looks down or up.
          WTF are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

He said BA Badass not BA Lardass.

HTH.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Don't forget architects as well - brain the size of a planet and all that...

I like being a BA - on same rate as a PM with about 25% of the workload and stress
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Don't forget architects as well - brain the size of a planet and all that...

I like being a BA - on same rate as a PM with about 25% of the workload and stress
                  BA / Architect / PM? Write the theme tune, sing the theme tune.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

PC Load Letter

Comment

Office Space great film.

Business Analysis can be very misunderstood, the BA team abused, or they can be well utilised.
                      You can get good BAs and bad BAs.

Given its not an unusual occurrence when I head into a client that business have had a bad experience with projects, then I guess poor use of BAs/poor BAs/even poor project management is not unusual. Thankfully after my recent projects the end users have complimented that the project experience has been a lot better.

BAs can be useless or useful, just like architects, PMs, etc can be useful or useless.

Comment

Working...
                      X