New pension raid New pension raid
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 28

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Default New pension raid

" The pension pots of the wealthy and bankers’ bonuses would be raided to fund a Labour government’s welfare reform, the party will confirm on Monday.

People earning more than £150,000 would get only 20 per cent tax relief on pension contributions, instead of the 45 per cent they receive now.

Ed Balls, the shadow chancellor, will set out plans to pay for its Compulsory Jobs Guarantee, the centrepiece of the party’s welfare plans.

Every young person jobless for more than 12 months will be given a “starter job” which they will have to take or lose benefits. “A life on benefits will simply not be an option,” Mr Balls will say. The promise would require the Government to fund some jobs for claimants. "

Source: Labour in tax raid on pensions to help jobless - Telegraph

What a numpty - the whole point of "giving" taf relief to those people is to trick them into putting money into this giant ponzi scheme known as pensions. The treasury was not losing anything with this "tax relief" because they were getting much needed money right now with future opportunity to raid those pension funds.

1/10

Try harder Balls.

vetran is always on top

Mr Balls will insist that it only fair for the better-off to fund help for young people to get into work.
    oh goody I'm all for fairness, not sure about new Lie Fairness.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

GB9 's job has never been outsourced

That'll be the same Balls who approved Fred's pension pot and presided over the biggest banking disaster this country has known.

And from the same party that introduced a 50p tax rate 3 weeks before being voted out, despite the country having been up the creek for 3 years and the party having been in power 13 years.

Vote Labour, screw everything up again.

Godlike

Peoplesoft bloke is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    That'll be the same Balls who approved Fred's pension pot and presided over the biggest banking disaster this country has known.

And from the same party that introduced a 50p tax rate 3 weeks before being voted out, despite the country having been up the creek for 3 years and the party having been in power 13 years.

Vote Labour, screw everything up again.
    Yeah - cos the Coalition's mended it all......

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...le-budget.html

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Yeah - cos the Coalition's mended it all......

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...le-budget.html
    and you would fix it how?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

Godlike

Peoplesoft bloke is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    and you would fix it how?
    I don't have a fooking clue - my point is that falling for party dogma ain't gonna do anyone any favours.

Godlike

Doggy Styles is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I don't have a fooking clue - my point is that falling for party dogma ain't gonna do anyone any favours.
    That might be true, but who should I have more confidence in?

In my lifetime the Labour party have never shown they can manage the budget without increasing the deficit, or that they are even have a viable plan to reduce today's deficit.

The Coalition are at least trying to reduce today's deficit and, even though it is slower than they thought, with some success.

As things stand, to me it is a simple choice. I don't want the Labour party back in control of the country's finances.

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    That might be true, but who should I have more confidence in?

In my lifetime the Labour party have never shown they can manage the budget without increasing the deficit, or that they are even have a viable plan to reduce today's deficit.

The Coalition are at least trying to reduce today's deficit and, even though it is slower than they thought, with some success.

As things stand, to me it is a simple choice. I don't want the Labour party back in control of the country's finances.
    +1 sadly. I had hopes for New Lie, compassion & competence together I thought, it turned out bad.

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

I'll be voting Conservative at the next Election.

They may be crap but Labour are crapper.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Ed Balls, the shadow chancellor, will set out plans to pay for its Compulsory Jobs Guarantee, the centrepiece of the party’s welfare plans.
    Can't they just print the money?