• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another EU ban for the list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Wot, the naked bint on the chariot with the spiked wheels?
    We did manage to scorch a fence panel with a Catherine Wheel, but I'm guessing that's not the bint on the wheel you were referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Try buying a house with the stuff in the garden...
      Yep, I know how to do that.

If you know anybody with Knotweed who needs to sell... Send them to me. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Red Admirals

MS - I don't claim to be a lepidopterist but I'm pretty surr those are tortoiseshells.

Nice pics though.

Edit: Here's the red admiral

Last edited by Gittins Gal; 13 March 2014, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
          MS - I don't claim to be a lepidopterist but I'm pretty surr those are tortoiseshells.

Nice pics though.

Edit: Here's the red admiral
          Yep - I think you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            You want to take a look around here.

We have immense stands of knotweed.

The only thing I've seen that controls it is a herd of goats.

Until they venture so far as to eat the rhododendrons, at which point it's end of goat.

Don't talk to me about herds of goats!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Until they venture so far as to eat the rhododendrons, at which point it's end of goat.
              It's strange that rhododendron is so toxic to goats and horses

Mind you, I don't think a human would be feeling too clever either after a munching a few rhododendron leaves
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

There's a debate today on something which probably affects most of us and which they want to make European law. Although a bit late, I think its a good idea:

Amendment 6
                Proposal for a directive
                Recital 13
                Universal chargers and cables for mobile phones:

Interworking via networks with other radio equipment and connection with interfaces of the appropriate type throughout the Union is necessary in some cases. Interoperability between radio equipment and accessories such as chargers simplifies use of radio equipment and reduces unnecessary waste and costs. A renewed effort to develop a universal charger for particular categories of radio equipment is therefore expected, as it would be highly beneficial in particular for consumers and other end-users. In particular mobile phones that are placed or made available on the market should be compatible with a universal charger which allows interoperability.
                Justification
                Incompatibility of chargers for mobile phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras, music players and similar devices is a major inconvenience for consumers and other end-users as well as a considerable environmental problem. A universal charger will therefore bring significant benefits - especially to the consumers.
                REPORT on the proposal for a directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of radio equipment - A7-0316/2013
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What is this continual crap about Japanese Knotweed? Unless you dig it up and throw the bits around it does not spread at all. Simple to get rid of too. Just pull out the shoots whenever you see them. In 2 or 3 years it's gone. Try doing that with damn brambles. Horsetail is a much more damaging plant for drives etc.
                  There you are. I was right as usual!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...eaking-report/
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    There you are. I was right as usual!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...eaking-report/
                    There is a London variety of Japanese Knotweed apparently.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X