• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another EU ban for the list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another EU ban for the list

Gardeners ready to defend their rhododendrons - Telegraph

I know some species are highly invasive but round where I live, because of the limey soil, it's not possible to grow them unless they're in a tub full of ericaceous compost. They're not going to spread anywhere, in other words.

There may be a case for banning them near beehives, or banning beehives near them, because honey made from rhododendron flowers is toxic to humans

But aside from that it is the usual EU pottiness
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
      Gardeners ready to defend their rhododendrons - Telegraph

I know some species are highly invasive but round where I live, because of the limey soil, it's not possible to grow them unless they're in a tub full of ericaceous compost. They're not going to spread anywhere, in other words.
      "rules on foreign plant species that will be debated in the European Parliament next month"

In other words, they'll be 'debated', and what will happen is this; the proposals will not become law because the British, the Dutch and the Belgians, to name just a few, make money out of growing and exporting this stuff.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Damn things grow like weeds around here.

Almost, but not quite, as dire as Japanese knot weed.

And what about sycamore trees?

They're another invasive weed.
        Clientco's 'Integration Manager' is an invasive weed.

Comment

I wonder if they will ever get around to banning sockpuppets?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

We're overrun with Buddleia

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I only ever see them in summer when they come out of their monasteries to meditate in the park. They've never done anything to harm me.

Comment

That only seems to run riot on wasteland.

The butterflies love it though. We have one in the garden and it was a veritable kaleidoscope of colour last summer with all the red admirals, painted ladies and peacocks going about their business.

They're not indigenous though so they could be another one on the list.

Comment

Wot, the naked bint on the chariot with the spiked wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I wonder if they will ever get around to banning sockpuppets?
                    The original is behind a paywall: EU Bans Sock-Puppet Blogs - Slashdot
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X