• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Polish life is worthless in the UK.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It was the Queen in the Ukrainian room with the Magnets
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      And to sum up, the guy who died was driving a plastic sports car without wearing a seatbelt.

However, my normal reaction when dazzled is to slow down rather than swerve.

YMMV.
      He was speeding as well so he was partially the architect of his own misfortune - but she plainly doesn't yank the wheel and drive on the wrong side of the road every time she's "dazzled" or she'd have killed a lot more people.

When she was acquitted, she posted this on Facebook -

https://live-midlandslotusown.netdna...1389979845.jpg
      Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 13 March 2014, 12:00.

Comment

My understanding is that it was established in court that had she been doing 30mph, the collision would not have led to her car striking the pedestrians. Think about it: the trajectory of an object to which a force is applied is dependent on the prior velocity and direction of motion of the object. I'm surprised such a basic point of physics is beyond so many here to understand.

It was also established that had she been travelling at 30mph, she would have been able to stop in time to avoid colliding with the other car, assuming she had noticed it as soon as it became visible from her position at that moment. However it was impossible to stop in time at 36mph.

And as for "most people" having done 36mph in a 30 limit: maybe so, but she was entering a bottleneck where two lanes from the dual carriageway and a third lane from a busy side road all merge into one lane in the space of maybe fifteen yards. I drove through that junction about twenty minutes ago; it wasn't that busy for the time of day, but thinking about this thread as I went through reinforced my opinion that driving through it at 36mph - in fact, entering the junction from the direction she came still doing 30mph - is reckless and irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
          Personally I also find the death of the man "who has since died in circumstances unrelated to the collision" rather suspicious.
          From what I vaguely remember hearing from a friend who's a reporter on the local rag, he simply died of a heart attack or something like that. Nothing suspicious about it.

Comment

Working...
          X